guardrail -- price, location, spacing?

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
ddd75
GURU
GURU

guardrail -- price, location, spacing?

Postby ddd75 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 am

Guardrail.

Anyone know of any around OHIO?

I found some 12.5' pcs. for 38.00 each. decent price?

How much space should I leave between my feed wall and the guardrail?

:cowboy:
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: guardrail -- price, location, spacing?

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm

New guardrail 13.5' pieces are $45 here in Mn = $3.33 ft so you're 29 cents a foot lower at 3.04
Used is about 1/2 price when you can find it, depends on how much work to disassemble and it's condition.

I believe the rule of thumb for all spacing is:
Wide enough for a cow, calf, steer or whatever to put their head through sideways, yet tight enough that they hang
themselves when unable to figure out how to get back out. :)
2 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:24 pm

i found another place with used 13.5' sections 39 / each or 2.90/ft

it's a little closer as well.. only 1.2 hrs away.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:15 pm

So three rails and you're in for $9/ft on the guardrail alone. You can buy high pressure continuous fencing for considerably less per foot(almost half), AND you can climb it without killing yourself when being chased/harassed. Just my $.02, so take it for what it's worth..
3 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:So three rails and you're in for $9/ft on the guardrail alone. You can buy high pressure continuous fencing for considerably less per foot(almost half), AND you can climb it without killing yourself when being chased/harassed. Just my $.02, so take it for what it's worth..

where can i get that type of fence panel?

this is for over top of a feed wall, but i'd like some of those panels for lanes.
0 x

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm

ddd75 wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:So three rails and you're in for $9/ft on the guardrail alone. You can buy high pressure continuous fencing for considerably less per foot(almost half), AND you can climb it without killing yourself when being chased/harassed. Just my $.02, so take it for what it's worth..

this is for over top of a feed wall, but i'd like some of those panels for lanes.

http://www.cbfarmoutdoors.com
They have them. I would like to get some of the continuous panels and re-do my alley and holding pen. Iam tired of replacing broke wood boards every time I work cattle.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:39 pm

pricefarm wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

They have them. I would like to get some of the continuous panels and re-do my alley and holding pen. Iam tired of replacing broke wood boards every time I work cattle.

wow, they have excellent pricing on everything.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm

pricefarm wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

I'm not sure just how 'high pressure' those would be, but I've never used them either.
How far apart do they recommend the posts be?
As good as Preifert rough stock or Premier panels?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 pm

ddd75 wrote:

We are out of them right now, but that is something we normally stock. Should have more soon.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:54 pm

ddd75 wrote:
pricefarm wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

wow, they have excellent pricing on everything.

I have never bought from them but might make the trip out there this winter. Wanting to rebuild my corral and get a squeeze chute with some scales.
0 x

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
ddd75 wrote:

We are out of them right now, but that is something we normally stock. Should have more soon.

How much are the panels you carry?
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”