Fence knots.

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4654
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Fence knots.

Postby callmefence » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Hotwire three twist halfazz and a back pasture standout.. :hat:


Image
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4654
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Fence knots.

Postby callmefence » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:08 pm

hillbillyhammer wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Silver wrote:Those really are some nice looking knots, but how do you quickly put the Golden Rod on, undo the splice, tighten and re-tie? I suppose you don't because you are using gripples and such? Also, the rule here is two wraps at a strain brace and don't you dare put a staple there lol


Not quite sure who your addressing silver.
I don't understand your question on the goldenrod? I agree on the double wrap and it's there on my knots. My knots are examples of knots on low tensile wire and are gripple free.. They do not work well on high tensile wire. I posted it primarily in response to fenceIt's statement that knots where becoming a lost art. And I agree...I'm a big fan of the gripple but we take pride in what we can do with our pliers and don't plan on forgetting how. The original fenceman had spent a good bit of time working on videos showing how to do these knots when he was banned for his small political statement... : 8)

not that it matters on this issue but I one hiilbillyhammer being of sound mind and body "throwed in" in agreement on the political views of the aforementioned original fenceman on the very thread (deleted) that may have caused his demise. Then subsequently submitted the best new handle for what the new (if) returned fenceman should be named. Acknowledged only by one Tennessee Tuxedo. I would post a link if I knew how. Subject Fenceman by Ez14


Found it..... :lol2: :clap:
I went ahead and voted while I was there.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102675&hilit=Fenceman&start=60
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fence knots.

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 am

callmefence wrote:
hillbillyhammer wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Not quite sure who your addressing silver.
I don't understand your question on the goldenrod? I agree on the double wrap and it's there on my knots. My knots are examples of knots on low tensile wire and are gripple free.. They do not work well on high tensile wire. I posted it primarily in response to fenceIt's statement that knots where becoming a lost art. And I agree...I'm a big fan of the gripple but we take pride in what we can do with our pliers and don't plan on forgetting how. The original fenceman had spent a good bit of time working on videos showing how to do these knots when he was banned for his small political statement... : 8)

not that it matters on this issue but I one hiilbillyhammer being of sound mind and body "throwed in" in agreement on the political views of the aforementioned original fenceman on the very thread (deleted) that may have caused his demise. Then subsequently submitted the best new handle for what the new (if) returned fenceman should be named. Acknowledged only by one Tennessee Tuxedo. I would post a link if I knew how. Subject Fenceman by Ez14


Found it..... :lol2: :clap:
I went ahead and voted while I was there.

http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewto ... n&start=60


Fence, you need to join the Tornado fencers forum. Nobody has ever even been given a warning point, let alone banned. I think you could be just the influence they are looking for!
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11695
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Fence knots.

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:Image
Reef knot. I'll put it against anything for a splice/join knot for speed, and efficacy. This one is HT, but works great in low carbon too. As far as the politics go, this knot would be fine to choke out politicians.....left or right.


This is the only knot I know, and subsequently the only knot I use. Before I discovered ferrules, it was the only knot I could remotely get tight enough in my goldenrod, but not to guy enough to suit me when I let off the slack.
1 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4654
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Fence knots.

Postby callmefence » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
callmefence wrote:
hillbillyhammer wrote:not that it matters on this issue but I one hiilbillyhammer being of sound mind and body "throwed in" in agreement on the political views of the aforementioned original fenceman on the very thread (deleted) that may have caused his demise. Then subsequently submitted the best new handle for what the new (if) returned fenceman should be named. Acknowledged only by one Tennessee Tuxedo. I would post a link if I knew how. Subject Fenceman by Ez14


Found it..... :lol2: :clap:
I went ahead and voted while I was there.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102675&hilit=Fenceman&start=60


Fence, you need to join the Tornado fencers forum. Nobody has ever even been given a warning point, let alone banned. I think you could be just the influence they are looking for!


Well they let me in. I told em you sent me..... :D
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fence knots.

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

callmefence wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Found it..... :lol2: :clap:
I went ahead and voted while I was there.

http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewto ... n&start=60


Fence, you need to join the Tornado fencers forum. Nobody has ever even been given a warning point, let alone banned. I think you could be just the influence they are looking for!


Well they let me in. I told em you sent me..... :D


Now maybe the two of us can convince them that since 1776, we are the ones that decide how words are spelled and pronounced. :cowboy:
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

hillbillyhammer
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:42 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Fence knots.

Postby hillbillyhammer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Fence, did you cast a yay or nay?
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4654
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Fence knots.

Postby callmefence » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 pm

hillbillyhammer wrote:Fence, did you cast a yay or nay?


Nay. we got enough fence builders round here
:hat:
.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

hillbillyhammer
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:42 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Fence knots.

Postby hillbillyhammer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 pm

callmefence wrote:
hillbillyhammer wrote:Fence, did you cast a yay or nay?


Nay. we got enough fence builders round here
:hat:
.

But not many artists
1 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fence knots.

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Image

Image

Tex Brown knot and a Reef knot sucked down tight.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Grundy53
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:05 am
Location: Western Washington

Re: Fence knots.

Postby Grundy53 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Those reef knots are called square knots in the rope world... :lol2: :lol:
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4654
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Fence knots.

Postby callmefence » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:41 pm

From the master of knots himself.......


Image
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fence knots.

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:47 pm

callmefence wrote:From the master of knots himself.......


Image



That's a fact.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fence knots.

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Grundy53 wrote:Those reef knots are called square knots in the rope world... :lol2: :lol:


Ahhh, but if that rope were to be called a line or a sheet, it'd be a reef knot. ;-)
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16689
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Fence knots.

Postby greybeard » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
Grundy53 wrote:Those reef knots are called square knots in the rope world... :lol2: :lol:


Ahhh, but if that rope were to be called a line or a sheet, it'd be a reef knot. ;-)

True, to the bitter ends, but without looking, what is a Charlie Noble and where would one find the Nome rivet?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!


Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests