Good fencing gloves

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:39 pm

I’ll bring you some of the “cheap” gloves Fence mentioned. They are not cheap. Lol I usually go bare handed, especially with barbed wire.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

fence_it
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: way out west

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby fence_it » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 pm

I would really like a waterproof glove that is tough but still allows for some dexterity. Leather gloves here don't work in the winter, they get wet and slimy. Kinco makes poly coated work gloves but they are far too bulky to wear while crimping or tying wire, but they do keep your hands dry. Ok for a day when we are only pounding post, but not for building braces or doing anything with wire, you will be taking your gloves off 100x a day just so you can get ahold of something! Kinco warm grip gloves are our usual winter glove, the only problem is they get wet and stay wet. Nothing like being completely dry underneath with your rain gear and muck boots on but having freezing, wet, cold hands.
0 x
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

boondocks
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2440
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby boondocks » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:11 am

My problem is having no circulation to fingers and toes (Reynaud's-type-thing), which is exacerbated by the fact that all the work gloves are too big. They are sized for you menfolk with big hams for hands :lol: Lots of places don't carry the smalls; and the mediums I can fit both hands in.
0 x

User avatar
Aaron
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4306
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Stratton, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:33 am

boondocks wrote:My problem is having no circulation to fingers and toes (Reynaud's-type-thing), which is exacerbated by the fact that all the work gloves are too big. They are sized for you menfolk with big hams for hands :lol: Lots of places don't carry the smalls; and the mediums I can fit both hands in.


I want to switch places with you. It is really difficult to find 2XL gloves here. Everything is medium, small and extra small.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 am

fence_it wrote:I would really like a waterproof glove that is tough but still allows for some dexterity. Leather gloves here don't work in the winter, they get wet and slimy. Kinco makes poly coated work gloves but they are far too bulky to wear while crimping or tying wire, but they do keep your hands dry. Ok for a day when we are only pounding post, but not for building braces or doing anything with wire, you will be taking your gloves off 100x a day just so you can get ahold of something! Kinco warm grip gloves are our usual winter glove, the only problem is they get wet and stay wet. Nothing like being completely dry underneath with your rain gear and muck boots on but having freezing, wet, cold hands.


The gloves I have printed are the only ones I've ever been able to tie wire with....even when it's wet. I'll send you a pair, if you want.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby callmefence » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:47 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:I’ll bring you some of the “cheap” gloves Fence mentioned. They are not cheap. Lol I usually go bare handed, especially with barbed wire.


I get em for free. That's pretty dam cheap. :D
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6851
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby M-5 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:53 am

I sell a blue palm glove and they do well in roofing and fencing. Cheap and effective. I buy cheap hf yellow leather for barb wire.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7357
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:12 pm

bird dog wrote:Kind of the same thing from Arron's site. On close out.

https://www.gloves-online.com/cr-goatsk ... vlar-liner


I keep some like that. They are usually in the $15-20 range. They are flexible and comfortable. I use them for just a general all around glove.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Tonka
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby Tonka » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:19 pm

https://www.kinco.com/wp-content/upload ... -390px.png

These tore like a wet paper towel the second time I put them on?

Pitiful!!
0 x

Tonka
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: Good fencing gloves

Postby Tonka » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:21 pm

https://www.gemplers.com/product/105098 ... ant-Lining

These lasted 2 days rolling up barbed wire before they were trashed !!
0 x


Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests