My Favorite Gripple Tool Function...

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: My Favorite Gripple Tool Function...

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:18 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:What is the diameter of the cable in the cable kit?

5/32"

Thanks. I can see why cheapskate Raven is building trying to build his own fence. I figure his cost share subsidy must not cover $4 a foot.

As a matter of record, I am doing both and it does cover the $4. They send an agent out to do an inspection. I have never seen them check what was paid per foot. They reimburse 75 % of the cost up to the award amount. I submit my bill along with a map showing where the fence was constructed.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:26 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
5/32"

Thanks. I can see why cheapskate Raven is building trying to build his own fence. I figure his cost share subsidy must not cover $4 a foot.

As a matter of record, I am doing both and it does cover the $4. They send an agent out to do an inspection. I have never seen them check what was paid per foot. They reimburse 75 % of the cost up to the award amount. I submit my bill along with a map showing where the fence was constructed.

Really wouldn't expect anything less.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:36 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Nrcs?
I've only seen them pay for fence to keep cattle out of certain delicate areas.
Flood control dams, certain waterways etc.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 am

callmefence wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Nrcs?
I've only seen them pay for fence to keep cattle out of certain delicate areas.
Flood control dams, certain waterways etc.

County Agricultural Investment Program (CAIP). Pursuant to The Kentucky Agricultural Development effort.

Commonly referred to as Cost Share. Kentucky was one of the states that participated in the huge tobacco settlement. They received a lump sum into the billions of dollars. Our legislature elected to return a portion of that settlement to farmers. Particularly, if they ever raised tobacco. I did on the family farm. It pays for infrastucture, heifers, bulls, etc. I have used it for several projects. You complete a questionnaire and receive a score. They award the annual appropriations starting with highest score.
0 x
Diogenes.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:41 am

I don't consider that money a handout. It's your share of the settlement.
2 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I don't consider that money a handout. It's your share of the settlement.

His share of the settlement for growing the tobacco, that the cigarette companies sold that killed millions. The person who grew tobacco should be just as responsible as the person that sells it. That's some ridiculous talk right there. I feel all the tobacco money should of went into cancer R&D to find a cure for the millions of folks that the farmers and tobacco companies have killed. Some folks will do anything for a dollar.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:46 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:I don't consider that money a handout. It's your share of the settlement.

His share of the settlement for growing the tobacco, that the cigarette companies sold that killed millions. The person who grew tobacco should be just as responsible as the person that sells it. That's some ridiculous talk right there. I feel all the tobacco money should of went into cancer R&D to find a cure for the millions of folks that the farmers and tobacco companies have killed. Some folks will do anything for a dollar.

I actually agree with ya. Unfortunately, they went a different direction.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:22 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

People knew what they were doing when they lit up, I hate it when they blame the companies. Don't see the same thing with alcohol and sugar companies, for all the liver cancer and diabetes they cause. People have to grow up and take responsibility for their choices in life.
1 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

I feel all the tobacco money should of went into cancer R&D to find a cure for the millions of folks that the farmers and tobacco companies have killed.

One of your more rational thoughts. I endorse that 2000 percent!
0 x
Diogenes.

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Aaron wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

People knew what they were doing when they lit up, I hate it when they blame the companies. Don't see the same thing with alcohol and sugar companies, for all the liver cancer and diabetes they cause. People have to grow up and take responsibility for their choices in life.

Couldn't agree more Aaron. Next there will be lawsuits against McDonald's and the potato farmers in Idaho, along with any 'beef' producers for making America obese. They may even have a better case because there are no Surgeon General warnings on the box of fries or Big Mac box.
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:04 pm

bball wrote:
Aaron wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Couldn't agree more Aaron. Next there will be lawsuits against McDonald's and the potato farmers in Idaho, along with any 'beef' producers for making America obese. They may even have a better case because there are no Surgeon General warnings on the box of fries or Big Mac box.

I agree with you guys for the most part. The Surgeon General didn't figure out there was a problem with smoking till around 1960. Labels were required starting in 1965 about the health hazards of smoking. But the real kick in the pants is everyone that didn't smoke that got cancer from second hand smoke. I lost an Aunt to cigarettes, she supposedly feel asleep while smoking and burned the house down. If you ever stay at "sleep cheap" motels the counter tops will have cigarette burn marks everywhere.
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”