Cheapest gripples?

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Cheapest gripples?

Postby hillbilly beef man » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Where is the cheapest place to get gripples? I got some medium size from Amazon for $1.15 apiece. Any one know of any cheaper from somewhere else?
0 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Cheapest gripples?

Postby greybeard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 pm

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

fence_it
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby fence_it » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:40 pm

The words cheap and gripples don't go together. :hide:

$1.15 seems to be pretty standard for retail on a medium. Quantity discounts are out there though. I know Kencove does some.
0 x
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:03 am

hillbilly beef man wrote:Where is the cheapest place to get gripples? I got some medium size from Amazon for $1.15 apiece. Any one know of any cheaper from somewhere else?

I could sell them to you for less than that. But you really need to get hold of Farm Fence.... I seen him leave a handful for a tip in a restaurant.

Your gonna have to buy more than one or two bags. But you probably don't buy your hay a roll at a time either.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU

Postby Ebenezer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:13 am

Don't buy the square shaped other brand even though they are cheaper. When you try to slide the end of the wire through the little spring will get tangled and mess up. And some grip better than others. Don't remember the name.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:35 am

Ebenezer wrote:Don't buy the square shaped other brand even though they are cheaper. When you try to slide the end of the wire through the little spring will get tangled and mess up. And some grip better than others. Don't remember the name.

Fastlok, not to be confused with the wire, Fastlock. The Fastlok tensioners are not as well loved as Gripples, but the Fastlock wire is not the worst I've ever had my hands on. I'd rank it somewhere between Bekaert and Stay Tuff. FWIW, Tornado is Gripple's largest customer, and that's why we have the best price in the land on Gripples.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:11 am

Stay - Tuff also sells Gripples, they rented a booth at our GCA trade show last week.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Stay - Tuff also sells Gripples, they rented a booth at our GCA trade show last week.

Yep, and they cost $.10 more apiece than ours. Must be better.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Stay - Tuff also sells Gripples, they rented a booth at our GCA trade show last week.

I didn't ask price, but I'll take your word for it. The Stay - Tuff salesmen didn't even bring the contractor Gripple tool with them to the show? Sure not very professional, heck I saw them sitting down as potential customers walked by. It's hard to promote when your sitting on your but.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:39 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

I didn't ask price, but I'll take your word for it. The Stay - Tuff salesmen didn't even bring the contractor Gripple tool with them to the show? Sure not very professional, heck I saw them sitting down as potential customers walked by. It's hard to promote when your sitting on your but.

We put quite a bit of effort into our trade show setups. We keep plenty of plain wire on hand for Gripple and knot tying demonstrations. Tornado is also the only net wire on the market that is capable of an even stretch in 10', and that's why we are the only ones you will see with stretched wire in our booth. We generally stay a little busier than the other manufactures, and I attribute that to the detailed attention paid to our displays. Comfortable boots are a necessity, as sitting down is not an option. Most manufacturers are only there to make an appearance and maintain brand recognition. We take orders at trade shows, and always take a truckload of tools, like the Gripple line, to sell. A couple weeks ago, we sold 15 of the blue bag Gripple kits at the national deer farmers conference, and a whole case of chain strainers. Wire sales are the goal, but it's nice to pay the expenses with things you can sell on the spot.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

Lots of salesmen work real good. Until they get that check . Then they get real good at the runaround.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”