Best gate, swing or slide?

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Best gate, swing or slide?

Postby Brute 23 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:I would put one 16' on an opener for your use and let him get out and open the other when he brings the equipment in.

How is he driving down the road to come in to your property with his 30' header on the combine? What kind of cultivator is 30' that won't fold up?

Even a 15' foot piece of equipment needs around 30' opening to make a 90 degree turn.

Ya I got ya. That makes sense.

I guess my thinking is... the fence guys can maybe confirm... is you are probably better off and maybe cheaper building your own personal entrance with a standard 12' or 16' gate on it with a 1 good opener then build a separate entrance to the side with two 16' gates... no openers for them. The cost of adding two openers vs one is significant alone. When you add in the extra equipment that goes with a rolling or sliding gate its a significant cost to pay for their equipment to be able to come in. PLUS, I wouldn't want some one hanging up a big piece of equipment up in my big, new, expensive entrance... and it will happen eventually.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Best gate, swing or slide?

Postby Tbrake » Tue May 01, 2018 6:37 am

If your putting a top rail on it, make sure it’s tall enough. We have a field that I have to get out and fold down the grain tank Auger, and extentons. Talk about a pain. Header comes off almost every move so that’s not an issue
0 x

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”