Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 30, 2018 9:22 am

Work for room and board. Must provide wine in the evening And allow dogs. Prefer Tornado Wire.

In the last few trips out, we have finished a barb wire fence along the frontage of the farm.
Not a perfect fence - has to be Tornado to build a perfect fence and when you are working at the pleasure of a friend, you don't tell them what materials to buy. Used 6 foot T-posts on 12 foot centers stretched between H-Braces of 2 3/4 inch pipe set in plenty of concrete. Used Goucho Bekhert 15.5 gauge.

Stretched with come along with a dog and tied off with golden rod.

Image
Image
Image
Image
1 x
Make America Happy Again

gcreekrch
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby gcreekrch » Wed May 30, 2018 9:56 am

Nice job!
1 x
Vaccinations, cheaper than whiskey. ;-)

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed May 30, 2018 9:57 am

Keep it up, and I'll make you a deal on my old post driver. Looking good.
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4395
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby callmefence » Wed May 30, 2018 11:39 am

Looks good Prince.
I'd like to see a diagonal brace.
And I'd like to see a good masdan comealong and mooremaker dog. Just so you could get a feel some good tools..wink.
Seriously though. Nice fence. If I didn't know better I'd think you were in Texas
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 30, 2018 12:14 pm

callmefence wrote:Looks good Prince.
I'd like to see a diagonal brace.
And I'd like to see a good masdan comealong and mooremaker dog. Just so you could get a feel some good tools..wink.
Seriously though. Nice fence. If I didn't know better I'd think you were in Texas


Thanks. It would be better if Kris was not so cheap...Lol. plus, my T-Post driver team took a lot of supervision. Found that dog at Southern States. It slips until a barb pulls into the paws. I do have a bigger comealong.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby jehosofat » Wed May 30, 2018 12:23 pm

You guys gotta get one of the gas powered t post drivers, I paid 1300 bucks for mine and don't regret it at all.

Fence looks awesome.
1 x

fence_it
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: way out west

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby fence_it » Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Looking good and tight. I like the pipe brace.
1 x
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:Keep it up, and I'll make you a deal on my old post driver. Looking good.


Luke:

From now forward, I will use barb wire gripples to tie off barb wire. The time saved and the wear and tear on your hands makes it a no brainer!

BTW: I ended up with 4 spools of wire with only a few yards on it. With gripples, it is easy to connect to a partial spool. I never splice barb wire. Curious if you do! Or do you use a gripple?
Image
0 x
Make America Happy Again

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed May 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Farm Fence Solutions wrote:Keep it up, and I'll make you a deal on my old post driver. Looking good.


Luke:

From now forward, I will use barb wire gripples to tie off barb wire. The time saved and the wear and tear on your hands makes it a no brainer!

BTW: I ended up with 4 spools of wire with only a few yards on it. With gripples, it is easy to connect to a partial spool. I never splice barb wire. Curious if you do! Or do you use a gripple?
Image


It depends on how big of a hurry I’m in. I generally tie a reef knot in barbed, or use a Gripple. The T clip 2’s are the bees bolicks for barbed wire.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed May 30, 2018 5:19 pm

jehosofat wrote:You guys gotta get one of the gas powered t post drivers, I paid 1300 bucks for mine and don't regret it at all.

Fence looks awesome.


Speaking of those.....
I can get a dealership with REDI Drivers. Have to buy 3 in the initial order to get the deal. If any of you want in on the other two at cost, let me know.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

wbvs58
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 am
Location: S.E. Queensland, Australia

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby wbvs58 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Good job Ron, did you weld up the brace in situ or prefab it in the shed then set it in the ground. How did you dig the holes?

Ken
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5994
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 30, 2018 10:49 pm

wbvs58 wrote:Good job Ron, did you weld up the brace in situ or prefab it in the shed then set it in the ground. How did you dig the holes?

Ken


Thanks. The H-Braces come from a metal shop in Springfield. We rented a track drill with an auger attachment to drill the holes. Set the H-Braces and poured concrete around the two end pipes.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Postby jehosofat » Thu May 31, 2018 8:18 am

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
jehosofat wrote:You guys gotta get one of the gas powered t post drivers, I paid 1300 bucks for mine and don't regret it at all.

Fence looks awesome.


Speaking of those.....
I can get a dealership with REDI Drivers. Have to buy 3 in the initial order to get the deal. If any of you want in on the other two at cost, let me know.


There has to be at least two other smart fellas on these boards, best thing I have bought in a long time. If you have someone to stand em up for ya, you can put a lot of t post in real quickly with little to no effort.
0 x


Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests