Rubber tire tanks

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
Turkeybird
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Rubber tire tanks

Post by Turkeybird » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Looking for rubber tire tanks in the southeast, anyone know any sources

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Rubber tire tanks

Post by M-5 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:11 pm

I make my own.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:32 pm

M-5 wrote:I make my own.

Dash, how bout give us a brief explanation of the process.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:37 pm

http://giantrubberwatertanks.com
This guy comes to South Carolina a few times a year and shears seconds form the Michelin commercial tire plant.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:07 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:http://giantrubberwatertanks.com
This guy comes to South Carolina a few times a year and shears seconds form the Michelin commercial tire plant.

Ever priced them?
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:15 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:

Ever priced them?

Yes cheap less than $300 picked up. I'm planning on buying a few and picking them up myself in SC with no shipping cost. I'll haul a couple back for you if your interested.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:19 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

Ever priced them?

Yes cheap less than $300 picked up. I'm planning on buying a few and picking them up myself in SC with no shipping cost. I'll haul a couple back for you if your interested.

May take you up on that. I need two. I will compensate you for your trouble. Diesel ain’t cheap. I will call you this week and we will work out the details.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Post by M-5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:12 am

JMJ Farms wrote:

go to a large tire dealer and ask about used tractor tires they will give you any they have just for you to haul them off . They pay to have them disposed of. take a sawsall and cut out the sidewall . (tractors tires take all of 2 min to cut out ) set the tire where you want it put a pipe in center for a hudson valve or put a standard float on the side. 4 bags of quikcrete pack first bag under sidewall lip good and fill the hole up packing it down as you go. fill with water . I would keep cows off of it a day or 2 too let it set up.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:38 pm

M-5 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

go to a large tire dealer and ask about used tractor tires they will give you any they have just for you to haul them off . They pay to have them disposed of. take a sawsall and cut out the sidewall . (tractors tires take all of 2 min to cut out ) set the tire where you want it put a pipe in center for a hudson valve or put a standard float on the side. 4 bags of quikcrete pack first bag under sidewall lip good and fill the hole up packing it down as you go. fill with water . I would keep cows off of it a day or 2 too let it set up.

Thank you for the directions Darryl.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Post by M-5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

I did a thread a couple years ago and but the photos were on photobucket so they don't show up. That was made out of a skidder tire which i do not recommend. I also bolted a disk to the center and water proofed it so I could move if necessary. (it is still where i set it back then ) . I installed another one a few months ago out of a tractor tire and from the time I unloaded it and had water running in it was about 45 min. I like to put them in the middle of fences so each field has access. i also just use the cast metal over the edge valves just straighten the legs out and drill 2 extra holes and screw it to the sidewall.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

M-5 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
M-5 wrote:

I did a thread a couple years ago and but the photos were on photobucket so they don't show up. That was made out of a skidder tire which i do not recommend. I also bolted a disk to the center and water proofed it so I could move if necessary. (it is still where i set it back then ) . I installed another one a few months ago out of a tractor tire and from the time I unloaded it and had water running in it was about 45 min. I like to put them in the middle of fences so each field has access. i also just use the cast metal over the edge valves just straighten the legs out and drill 2 extra holes and screw it to the sidewall.

I’ve got some old tractor tires lying around. I’m gonna see what kind of mess I can make. Will post pics.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Post by M-5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Post by jltrent » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:04 am

There was a lot of coal strip jobs around here that you could get all you want for about free. Now I don't know with coals demise. I like mine for the float box to be underground with about zero maintenance as I have several like this. The ones I got are from 32 ply upto 36 ply as they will last longer than I need.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Same as mine and I am gonna add 3 more this fall.
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 am

Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.