Greetings All ! Virgin Flesh for Bez

Let us know who you are.
AngusLimoX
GURU
GURU

Greetings All ! Virgin Flesh for Bez

Postby AngusLimoX » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Small cow/calf operator in Ontario who has gained a lot of info watching these boards and hoping to maybe contribute once in a while.

Sometimes the most valuable threads are the ones where I thought I had the right answer but 20 posts later my whole idea on the subject has changed.

I retired from a town job and moved my poor wife to a farm 3 years ago. My hope was to have a small commercial herd and a small PB operation, and hope my wife adapted to the country.

Well now THE BOSS has 9 PB cows of her own, a donkey, dogs one cat ( and there will only ever be one cat ) and I am looking for more barn and pasture space! :D

If things go really well there are feeder operation prospects available ( small - 4 - 5 hundred head ) so I really appreciate posts dealing with feed costs and efficiencies.

Thank you all and take care.
0 x

Bez!
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Greetings All ! Virgin Flesh for Bez

Postby Bez! » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:55 pm

AngusLimoX wrote:Small cow/calf operator in Ontario who has gained a lot of info watching these boards and hoping to maybe contribute once in a while.

Sometimes the most valuable threads are the ones where I thought I had the right answer but 20 posts later my whole idea on the subject has changed.

I retired from a town job and moved my poor wife to a farm 3 years ago. My hope was to have a small commercial herd and a small PB operation, and hope my wife adapted to the country.

Well now THE BOSS has 9 PB cows of her own, a donkey, dogs one cat ( and there will only ever be one cat ) and I am looking for more barn and pasture space! :D

If things go really well there are feeder operation prospects available ( small - 4 - 5 hundred head ) so I really appreciate posts dealing with feed costs and efficiencies.

Thank you all and take care.

:lol:

Ah, yes - another good meal in the making. :P

I did not realize my rep was THAT bad. On the other hand perhaps being straight up is what keeps me from being mis-interpreted.

:P

Welcome.

Oh, there will NEVER be just one cat!!! That is a promise.

8)

Bez!
Last edited by Bez! on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Beef11
GURU
GURU

Postby Beef11 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Angus Limo cross is a good one. We had a Red angus X Limo Bull and we liked the heck out of him. Getting into feeders? What are your purebreds? Limo or angus?
0 x
What can't you catch with a fast horse and a long rope?

Susie David
GURU
GURU

Postby Susie David » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:22 pm

Welcome...we have a Lim heifer bred to a red angus, should calve Mar 16th and is starting to develop her udder.
Good luck on your retirement herd...Dmc
0 x
Susie David's Cattle Company LLC
"From Pasture to Plate 100% Natural Beef"

AngusLimoX
GURU
GURU

Postby AngusLimoX » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:33 pm

Heya Beef 11 - the PB's are Black Angus. We were using an Angus bull on our Limo cross cows, but recently got rid of most of those girls due to a drought in our area. Sold 18 head so I would get through the winter on 300 rolls. ( Normal years take off close to 1000 in 2 cuts ).

As things are turning out our commercial cows will be Angus with either a Hereford or Gelbveigh bull. But that too may change. It depends on what we decide to do with feeding and the PB's. Only so much time and space any more.[/list][/b][/quote]
0 x

Bret
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Bret » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:35 pm

Welcome.
0 x
Corn Fed and Hand Spanked.

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”