Hi I'm new to this website but not to cattle

Let us know who you are.
afarmgirl
Beginner
Beginner

Hi I'm new to this website but not to cattle

Postby afarmgirl » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:11 am

I was raised on a cattle and grain farm in Manitoba. I have a full time job as well as farm and raise cattle with my dad, so needless to say I don't have much spare time. But i love working with cattle especially during calving season (even though it's very stressful).
0 x

shutskytj
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby shutskytj » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:25 am

Welcome, that is why I raise cattle calving season it is my favorite too watching the newborns take off and frolic with each other. I agree with the stress though especially with the first calvers
0 x

warpaint
GURU
GURU

Postby warpaint » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:44 am

Welcome to the boards.
0 x
Registered Texas Longhorns
Medicine Hat Farm

Susie David
GURU
GURU

Postby Susie David » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:48 am

Welcome...we love claving also, even though ours was supposed to start yesterday. The bull must have took the night off as o'l boss cow is usually right on to the day.
Good luck to you and look forward to your posts.
Oh yeah...most of us like pictures..even if we make a fuss over them. DMc
0 x
Susie David's Cattle Company LLC
"From Pasture to Plate 100% Natural Beef"

Bud In lower Ala
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Bud In lower Ala » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 pm

Welcome from way down in lower Ala. It is interesting to me that there are so many posts from cattle men and women from our neighbor to the north. I never realized there were so many of you. :D
Bud
0 x

randiliana
GURU
GURU

Re: Hi I'm new to this website but not to cattle

Postby randiliana » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:12 pm

afarmgirl wrote:I was raised on a cattle and grain farm in Manitoba. I have a full time job as well as farm and raise cattle with my dad, so needless to say I don't have much spare time. But i love working with cattle especially during calving season (even though it's very stressful).

Welcome!! Calving is my favorite time too. I don't even mind the stress. We have 14 new ones now.
0 x
“The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” Thomas A. Edisonl

Randi

My Blog
http://easygenes.blogspot.com/

K-SHIRES
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Hi I'm new to this website but not to cattle

Postby K-SHIRES » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:26 am

afarmgirl wrote:I was raised on a cattle and grain farm in Manitoba. I have a full time job as well as farm and raise cattle with my dad, so needless to say I don't have much spare time. But i love working with cattle especially during calving season (even though it's very stressful).
Welcome, we get our dairy alfalfa out of Beasjolier(spelling?) Manitoba. They had a terrible wet year last year and lost bulk of their first crop, so we bought second crop. Good people up there. Plenty cold though.
0 x
The family that hays together stays together.

flaboy+
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy+ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:36 am

Welcome Afarmgirl. A word of warning though. There is a feller on this board that tires to take advantage of females north of the boarder. It's rumored there's a bounty out on him now. :lol:
0 x
I'm so ugly it takes four bags to cover my face.
flaboy

CattleAnnie
GURU
GURU

Postby CattleAnnie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:42 am

Flaboy,
You bad.
:D :D :D :D

Don't worry, A-girl.

He's not so much warning you as teasing the poor guy who inadverantly attracted a lonely housewife from AB.

A rather quirky character who was very proud of her "great thighs" and was making the Q&A boards fairly steamy (what with her peeing and winking like a mare in heat) until her hubby got wind of it and blew a nut on the innocent guy. :shock:

So jump on in and don't be shy. That kind of soap-opera is fairly unusual, but you'll find lots of nice folks.

Take care.
0 x
Unless Otherwise Directed, Leave All Gates As Found (Open or Closed)!

Calman
GURU
GURU

Postby Calman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:12 am

Welcome Afarmgirl I believe you will enjoy it here, some good ol boys and gals here.
I have been fortunate with my cows and youngens this spring. we have mostly black baldies with 3 big ol stripe meetmasters.and a reg.black angus bull. So far 16 little ones on the ground and 18 more to go. Had to docter only one with scours which is fine now, and had a little trouble with buzzards 2 times. seperated the bull from the cows and he picked up the nerve to walk across the gate guard so I had to put a gate across it. other than those minor probablems everything been going smooth.

Cal
0 x
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" Thomas Paine

flaboy+
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy+ » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:29 am

CattleAnnie wrote:Flaboy,
You bad.
:D :D :D :D

Don't worry, A-girl.

He's not so much warning you as teasing the poor guy who inadverantly attracted a lonely housewife from AB.

A rather quirky character who was very proud of her "great thighs" and was making the Q&A boards fairly steamy (what with her peeing and winking like a mare in heat) until her hubby got wind of it and blew a nut on the innocent guy. :shock:

So jump on in and don't be shy. That kind of soap-opera is fairly unusual, but you'll find lots of nice folks.

Take care.

Hey Annie, I am a good bad though. Oh, quit with the thighs will ya. :lol: :lol:
0 x

flaboy

Crowderfarms
Wagon Master
Wagon Master

Postby Crowderfarms » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:42 am

flaboy+ wrote:Welcome Afarmgirl. A word of warning though. There is a feller on this board that tires to take advantage of females north of the boarder. It's rumored there's a bounty out on him now. :lol:
Man, Do I hope they find that Guy real soon. The world will be a safer place. Wonder where he's at?
0 x
Hoss, Please stay!

flaboy+
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy+ » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:49 am

Crowderfarms wrote:
flaboy+ wrote:Welcome Afarmgirl. A word of warning though. There is a feller on this board that tires to take advantage of females north of the boarder. It's rumored there's a bounty out on him now. :lol:
Man, Do I hope they find that Guy real soon. The world will be a safer place. Wonder where he's at?

It is rumored that he is hiding out in the hills of Tennessee but that is only a rumor. I also heard he is hiding in Germany behind some Fraulein in boots. :P
0 x

flaboy

Crowderfarms
Wagon Master
Wagon Master

Postby Crowderfarms » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:53 am

Boy, We better get the Posse saddled up. Sounds like he might be nearby me. Sleep tite America. Crowder's fixin' to saddle up and find this guy.
0 x
Hoss, Please stay!

warpaint
GURU
GURU

Postby warpaint » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:05 am

Which way did he go?? :shock:
0 x
Registered Texas Longhorns

Medicine Hat Farm

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”