New Hereford Breeder

Let us know who you are.
Ned Jr.
Rancher
Rancher

New Hereford Breeder

Postby Ned Jr. » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:56 pm

I have enjoyed reading the boards for a while now and just decided to join in. I like all cattle but Herefords are my favorite. Herefords are my least favorite also. I love the good ones and hate the bad ones. The bad ones just give the rest a bad name. I have ranched all my life,cattle and hay. Please forgive my spelling and typing skills.
0 x

Ned Jr.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ned Jr. » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:24 pm

Thanks for being so forgiving TurnThatCowLooseMaw. I'm not sure how I screwed up and posted twice. It must be from me hitting refresh, don't know.
0 x

andybob
GURU
GURU

Postby andybob » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Ned Jr, a good number of people here breed or cross with Herefords, don't be afraid to be proud of your favourite breed!
0 x
http://sangacattle.webs.com/

jaydill
GURU
GURU

Postby jaydill » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)
0 x

BlackBaldyMan
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: New Hereford Breeder

Postby BlackBaldyMan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:48 pm

Ned Jr. wrote:I have enjoyed reading the boards for a while now and just decided to join in. I like all cattle but Herefords are my favorite. Herefords are my least favorite also. I love the good ones and hate the bad ones. The bad ones just give the rest a bad name. I have ranched all my life,cattle and hay. Please forgive my spelling and typing skills.

Welcome, your raise polled or horns? On the WA coast its pretty much all Polled Herefords there so I wasnt exposed to the horns much, but after a trip to South Dakota with a few college friends to my buddies families ranch all they run is horned cattle and I love this quote from them, "when they bred the horns out they bred the brains out as well." Just thought it was pretty interesting how people prefer one to the other.
0 x

Ned Jr.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ned Jr. » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:48 pm

Hey,BlackBaldyMan. It's been so long since you posted you may have gave up on a reply. Ive been busy calving and working on machinery.
We run horned Herefords, I have heard coments like that but I haven't had enough experience with polled Herefords to even have much of an opinion on them. Alot of our bull costomers run in some very wild places and like horns to help with predators. One thing that I have noticed about polled is the birthweights seem to run higher. I can't sell high BW bulls very well and I don't need calving problems so thats a big factor for me. I'm sure there are alot of them that would work though.
0 x

Susie David
GURU
GURU

Postby Susie David » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:24 pm

Welcome Ned Jr....I will quickly admit that I've never met a mean Herf. We've kept one herf heifer around for no other reason that she is a sweetheart and had a nice big red baldie heifer calf last Sunday. Welcome and don't worry about the typing my fat o'l fingers don't always respond to what the mind is thinking and my computer doesn't spell all that good eiother.
Dave Mc
0 x
Susie David's Cattle Company LLC
"From Pasture to Plate 100% Natural Beef"

SF
Rancher
Rancher

Postby SF » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:34 pm

Welcome Ned. I like them herefords too.
0 x

Bez!
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Bez! » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:46 pm

Dang - yet another one of those folks breeding those stinking red / white faced things. Why don't you get with the program and start raising something good - like a Black Angus?

Most likely you even have that dreaded Herford disease called horns.

:lol:

Welcome to the boards anyways - you'll soon learn that there is no cattle colour other than black if you want to make any money.

:lol:

Regards,

Bez!
0 x

Bez!
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Bez! » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:53 pm

Ned

Now that you have read my first post - once again - welcome.

I raise them as well.

Bez!
0 x

IluvABbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby IluvABbeef » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:21 pm

Welcome! :D :D
0 x

bp8641
Beginner
Beginner

Re: New Hereford Breeder

Postby bp8641 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:24 am

Ned Jr. wrote:I have enjoyed reading the boards for a while now and just decided to join in. I like all cattle but Herefords are my favorite. Herefords are my least favorite also. I love the good ones and hate the bad ones. The bad ones just give the rest a bad name. I have ranched all my life,cattle and hay. Please forgive my spelling and typing skills.
------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome Ned Jr.we raise them also.--bp8641
0 x

capt
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby capt » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:54 pm

Wow, I can't imagine a Hereford breeder saying that a black cow will make more money. I may be dense but I can't tell if you are serious or are just wise-cracking. I am involved with both Hereford and Angus cattle and belive both have their attributes, but too imply that Herefords don't make money is a bit of a stretch. Welcome Ned Jr! and I do appreciate your comments Bez! :)
0 x

Circle L
Beginner
Beginner

Welcome Ned jr.

Postby Circle L » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:15 am

I raise them pretty ones too. Polledherefords can't be beat even by them old black ones. Black is not in the red and white are here to stay. Welcome to the board good to have a good cattleman around.

Thanks
Circle L
0 x
Circle L Farms
Home of Bill

shutskytj
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby shutskytj » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:47 am

Welcome I raise the polled myself with maybe some scurs
0 x

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”