Noob from Colorado

Let us know who you are.
ZachinCO
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: Colorado

Noob from Colorado

Postby ZachinCO » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Hello All!

Found this place while doing research before getting into the fun of owning cattle. I have horses, but have expanding land and thought that since it was previously used for grazing leases, might as well look into doing it myself. This seems to be a great source of info.

I'm in CO towards the Eastern Plains, but still in the trees.
0 x

User avatar
msplmtneer
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:30 pm
Location: Where the rockets rattle your windows. Fl but my heart in WV.

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby msplmtneer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Welcome :tiphat:
0 x
If you are going to be stupid you gotta be tough

User avatar
branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6040
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Chico, CA

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby branguscowgirl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 am

:welcome:
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

User avatar
CottageFarm
-
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby CottageFarm » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:54 am

:welcome:
You're somewhere on the front range?
We recently moved away from NoCo
0 x
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita

User avatar
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2645
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Palmyra, TN

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 am

:welcome:
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9071
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby slick4591 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:42 am

:welcome:
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

ZachinCO
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby ZachinCO » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:34 pm

CottageFarm wrote::welcome:
You're somewhere on the front range?
We recently moved away from NoCo

I'm about an hour east of Co Sorings.

Thanks for the welcomes!
0 x

ZachinCO
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby ZachinCO » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Is it a weird thing to bring back your own beginner post from the past?

Well, it's taken me a little longer than I had expected, but that's ok. More time to read and learn. That and find my own place, which took considerably longer than we expected. 2 years to be exact.

Anyways, we bought 11 head last September. As of this last week, we now have 13, expecting a few more. Might buy a few more in another month or so. Just depends on local pricing.

Once thing I've learned over the last 6 months of owning, have fencing supplies on hand...

Looking forward to getting more involved now.
0 x

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6268
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby M-5 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 pm

actually Most folks like when a thread is updated by the OP , so many people are one hit wonders . Im glad your getting the hang of things
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

ZachinCO
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby ZachinCO » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Well, it wasn't for a lack of trying, but the counties I was going to buy property are just crazy now with sales. I never thought it would take 2 years to find a place that met our needs.

One of the nice things is that we actually bought the cattle from the previous owner. He was retired and didn't care to have all that goes with cattle.

BTW, all Black Angus. A couple with some white spots, but you don't eat the hide.
0 x

User avatar
M-5
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6268
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:41 pm
Location: AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby M-5 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:42 pm

ZachinCO wrote:Well, it wasn't for a lack of trying, but the counties I was going to buy property are just crazy now with sales. I never thought it would take 2 years to find a place that met our needs.

One of the nice things is that we actually bought the cattle from the previous owner. He was retired and didn't care to have all that goes with cattle.

BTW, all Black Angus. A couple with some white spots, but you don't eat the hide.


Sounds like you found the right place.

Congratulations
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5127
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:54 pm

ZachinCO wrote:Hello All!

Found this place while doing research before getting into the fun of owning cattle. I have horses, but have expanding land and thought that since it was previously used for grazing leases, might as well look into doing it myself. This seems to be a great source of info.

I'm in CO towards the Eastern Plains, but still in the trees.


:wave:

Hello. I lived in Colorado - 1980 and 2005 to 2010. On my list of the 3 best states in the Nation. Tell me where you are out there. Lots of Prairie rattlesnakes up in the Pawnee National Grasslands. I hunted coyotes on lands leased by our hunting club. Near Kiowa. If you are east of CS, you are not too far from Kiowa.
0 x

ZachinCO
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby ZachinCO » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
ZachinCO wrote:Hello All!

Found this place while doing research before getting into the fun of owning cattle. I have horses, but have expanding land and thought that since it was previously used for grazing leases, might as well look into doing it myself. This seems to be a great source of info.

I'm in CO towards the Eastern Plains, but still in the trees.


:wave:

Hello. I lived in Colorado - 1980 and 2005 to 2010. On my list of the 3 best states in the Nation. Tell me where you are out there. Lots of Prairie rattlesnakes up in the Pawnee National Grasslands. I hunted coyotes on lands leased by our hunting club. Near Kiowa.

Just a stones throw away in Elizabeth. Stayed with my in-laws in Elbert for 2 years after selling in Castle Rock and searching in Elbert and El Paso Counties.
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5127
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Noob from Colorado

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:02 pm

ZachinCO wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
ZachinCO wrote:Hello All!

Found this place while doing research before getting into the fun of owning cattle. I have horses, but have expanding land and thought that since it was previously used for grazing leases, might as well look into doing it myself. This seems to be a great source of info.

I'm in CO towards the Eastern Plains, but still in the trees.


:wave:

Hello. I lived in Colorado - 1980 and 2005 to 2010. On my list of the 3 best states in the Nation. Tell me where you are out there. Lots of Prairie rattlesnakes up in the Pawnee National Grasslands. I hunted coyotes on lands leased by our hunting club. Near Kiowa.

Just a stones throw away in Elizabeth. Stayed with my in-laws in Elbert for 2 years after selling in Castle Rock and searching in Elbert and El Paso Counties.


Hot dogs. Nice prairie out there. Way better than what we had up in Wyoming. It is 6 feet between clumps of grass up there. You actually have some pasture.
0 x


Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests