Winter Garden 2015

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Winter Garden 2015

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 pm

I sprayed will disc tomorrow and clean it up as well as plant. Yall put up your pictures too

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Winter Garden 2015

Postby greybeard » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm just now picking my summer sweet corn and still getting squash and field peas.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:48 pm

greybeard wrote:I'm just now picking my summer sweet corn and still getting squash and field peas.

I am glad you are getting something I felt bad for your first attempt. Will you plant a winter garden?
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:07 am

Sky, looks like your herbicide spray program was 100% effective. :lol2: I haven't taken the first step yet , but I'll post some pics when I get something going.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:32 am

ga.prime wrote:Sky, looks like your herbicide spray program was 100% effective. :lol2: I haven't taken the first step yet , but I'll post some pics when I get something going.

:lol2: Don't look to the left that's where the sweet potatoes start its a jungle
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 am

0 x

MudHog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MudHog » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Nothing yet here. Cows and calves are still keeping the grass mowed down in the garden and providing some fresh manure. I'll be turning the dirt over this weekend of next though. Still to hot for Winter planting, but I'll start my seeds this weekend. Planning to add another layer on my raised beds for Winter planting too.
0 x
"A vegetarian is a person who won't eat anything that can have children." - David Brenner

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:26 am

MudHog wrote:Nothing yet here. Cows and calves are still keeping the grass mowed down in the garden and providing some fresh manure. I'll be turning the dirt over this weekend of next though. Still to hot for Winter planting, but I'll start my seeds this weekend. Planning to add another layer on my raised beds for Winter planting too.

Nice hope it works out well for you. I cant turn cattle in my garden they would eat up my sweet potatoe vines they love them as do deer.
0 x

fenceman
GURU
GURU

Postby fenceman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 am

Just getting started sky. Got a late summer planting in . Usually by now were sick of squash. The monsoon early this year , we didn't get much so I'm going to try to get something before frost.
Planting for winter will start in a few weeks.
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 am

Nice.. What you gonna put in there?
0 x

fenceman
GURU
GURU

Postby fenceman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Nice.. What you gonna put in there?

Lots of carrots , cabbage , beets and broccoli.
Turnips ,snowpeas and spinach. Winter greens.

I'll try Brussels sprouts. Been planting em for 5 years or so can't ever seem to make it work
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:04 am

fenceman wrote:

I'll try Brussels sprouts. Been planting em for 5 years or so can't ever seem to make it work

brussel sprouts may not do well there if its not pretty cool they like pretty cool weather.
0 x

fenceman
GURU
GURU

Postby fenceman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:20 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
fenceman wrote:

brussel sprouts may not do well there if its not pretty cool they like pretty cool weather.

Yeah it doesn't stay cool long enough. I've talked to people who say they were successful.
Going to try to get them in a little earlier this year and use shade cloth until the heat breaks
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:18 pm

I should have planted earlier but its doing ok

0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:44 pm

0 x

Return to “Gardening”