Winter Garden 2015

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Winter Garden 2015

Postby greybeard » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:34 am

fenceman wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Nice.. What you gonna put in there?

I'll try Brussels sprouts. Been planting em for 5 years or so can't ever seem to make it work

That's God's way of telling ya you don't need to be eatin the nasty little things. Dang good ammo for 1 1/2" diameter "tater" gun tho, and that's the only good thing I ever saw from them. They stink worse than a dead dog fart.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:06 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Image

Turnip roots look perfect. What do you do with them? Two ways I like them- peel and eat raw or make soup.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:28 pm

ga.prime wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Image

Turnip roots look perfect. What do you do with them? Two ways I like them- peel and eat raw or make soup.

Thanks..Grandma peels them and then slices them up puts some salted fat back in them and sugar and cooks them.. They are darn good I eat darn near most of them.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Your grandma makes soup very much like I do. Good stuff.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

fenceman
GURU
GURU

Postby fenceman » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:20 am

greybeard wrote:
fenceman wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Nice.. What you gonna put in there?

I'll try Brussels sprouts. Been planting em for 5 years or so can't ever seem to make it work

That's God's way of telling ya you don't need to be eatin the nasty little things. Dang good ammo for 1 1/2" diameter "tater" gun tho, and that's the only good thing I ever saw from them. They stink worse than a dead dog fart.

Not only are they delicious, their healthy and nutritious. Good for the body and the mind.
.greybeard, if you would eat your brussel sprouts you might be able to nail you one of those beavers... :shock: :hide: :hide: :hide: :mrgreen:
0 x
You can all go to he//.
I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Return to “Gardening”