adult mole cricket control in garden?

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

adult mole cricket control in garden?

Postby greybeard » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:09 am

I see mole cricket tunnels all over my newly planted garden. (purple hull peas just coming up) The soil is now moist from last night and this morning's rain and the tunnels were not there yesterday.
How do I eradicate them?
(Larra wasps not an option at this stage of the game)
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Re: adult mole cricket control in garden?

Postby 1982vett » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Malathion, Sevin, and Permethrin is what I've been using on the yard. Just about have to spray weekly. Now if they would stop crawling to the garage to kick off their legs.....
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

hwillso
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: adult mole cricket control in garden?

Postby hwillso » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm late here, but if you still have them, try putting you some concentrated lemon juice or just some cheep dishwashing liquid with lemon in it in a five gallon bucket of water and pour it on the ground where they are. In a few minutes they'll all be on the top of the ground. Lemon irritates the heck out of them and if you mix it strong enough it will kill them. Not practical though. I'm not sure but I believe the chemical is Diazinon. We had them really bad in corn fields years ago. County agent recommended the lemon juice in the spray mix to bring them up and it really worked well.
0 x

Return to “Gardening”