Page 4 of 6

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:20 am
by skyhightree1
with all this rain potato bugs are eating up my potato plants what few came up lol can I use ORTHENE 97 on them ? seems as though seven dust is making them fatter or more hungry.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:57 pm
by MRRherefords
Still can't get into mine as it has rained the last six days in a row! Bought all the plants and potatoes and they look like they might not make it by the time I actually get them in the ground.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:18 pm
by skyhightree1
MRRherefords wrote:Still can't get into mine as it has rained the last six days in a row! Bought all the plants and potatoes and they look like they might not make it by the time I actually get them in the ground.


Not good... its been rainy here as well. When will the rain be done? per the weather liars

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:02 pm
by MRRherefords
skyhightree1 wrote:
MRRherefords wrote:Still can't get into mine as it has rained the last six days in a row! Bought all the plants and potatoes and they look like they might not make it by the time I actually get them in the ground.


Not good... its been rainy here as well. When will the rain be done? per the weather liars

Don't really know what they are talking about do they.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:01 pm
by MRRherefords
Finally got the garden in today. Actually got a day that it did not rain.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:55 am
by Cross-7
Armadillos have about wiped me out
An electric fence doesn't slow them down

Image

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:24 am
by ohiosteve
Better late than never. I finally got my salsa garden started. Added 2 yr old composted manure to my old beds and filled a new bed with 100% manure (that one will be an experiment) I put soaker hose under breathable black fabric on 2 beds and am trying straw on the new bed. 4 varieties of tomatoes a bunch of peppers. Im trying some potatoes in the new bed, I still need to plant onions. Chickens got through the electric last night and uprooted most of the straw covered bed. I tried to catch them and kill them but they are simply too fast.
Image
Image
Image

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:51 am
by skyhightree1
Cross-7 wrote:Armadillos have about wiped me out
An electric fence doesn't slow them down

Image


That really sucks I sprayed some bug killer on my beans cause something was eating them up and sure as s... its killing them :mad:

ohiosteve wrote:Better late than never. I finally got my salsa garden started. Added 2 yr old composted manure to my old beds and filled a new bed with 100% manure (that one will be an experiment) I put soaker hose under breathable black fabric on 2 beds and am trying straw on the new bed. 4 varieties of tomatoes a bunch of peppers. Im trying some potatoes in the new bed, I still need to plant onions. Chickens got through the electric last night and uprooted most of the straw covered bed. I tried to catch them and kill them but they are simply too fast.
Image
Image
Image


Looking good... I have always wanted to try something like that keep us posted with pics . I was thinking of using the dirt from the chicken coop or pig pen and doing a small garden just like those you have.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:43 am
by skyhightree1
Image

okra had to plant the plants seeds won't come up

Image

cucumbers

Image

I cant wait to get this cabbage and some corned beef or fat meat

Image

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:50 am
by skyhightree1
This is the worst part of gardening... hoeing weeds

Image

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 am
by pdfangus
i cut way back on my gardening efforts this year. With the wife battling these leg infections she is unable to help me put it up and it was just going to waste ....

So I just planted a few tomatoes and peppers and cucumbers for the table. but they are doing pretty well.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:43 pm
by Dave
I just got through planting the garden. Hopefully I wont be here for the harvest as the place is up for sale. But the garden gate is only about 30 feet from the backdoor. I figured having something growing will help to make the place more attractive to someone.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:31 am
by skyhightree1
First Harvest

Image

Image

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:59 pm
by ddd75
had to replant some of mine.. used some older seeds and they didn't do anything.. oh well.

Re: Garden 2017

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:26 am
by skyhightree1
ddd75 wrote:had to replant some of mine.. used some older seeds and they didn't do anything.. oh well.


I trash my old seeds every year ... been there done that... gardening is too much work not to start off on the right foot. That stinks hope it works out well.