Don't let this happen to you!!

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
pinzgauer1
Cowhand
Cowhand

Don't let this happen to you!!

Postby pinzgauer1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:56 pm

The first picture is the culprit and the 2nd one is the end result of one nights feeding by a swarm of blister beetles. I lost my whole tomato crop in my garden so much for fresh BLT'S
I didn't even know they were around till the next morning i went out on my deck and looked at my garden and noticed all the foliage was gone from my plants, i bet if there was 100 there was 5 to 600 of the little sob's. Needless to say i fixed their little red wagon for them with some good ole permythrin spray. Dead beetles everywhere.
0 x

mdmdogs3
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mdmdogs3 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:55 pm

Wow! :shock:

and I thought the millions of japanese beetles in our pasture was bad - you win!!!!!
0 x

ga. prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga. prime » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:51 am

Tough break, pinzgauer1. I expect your plants should recover though. Fortunately, I haven't seen any of those pests around these parts.
0 x
I Once Was on the cover of Sports Illustrated

randiliana
GURU
GURU

Postby randiliana » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:22 pm

Ouch!! I had the same problem with my Kholrabi and Turnips a couple years ago with flea beetles. When they finished the Turnips and Kholrabi, they moved on to the peas and corn, what a mess....
0 x
“The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” Thomas A. Edisonl

Randi

My Blog
http://easygenes.blogspot.com/

Return to “Gardening”