Spring Garden

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Spring Garden

Postby 3waycross » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Spring
Late Summer
Marconi Pepper. The get up to 10 in long and bright red
Lakota Squash, my favorite baked with butter and honey and cinnamon.
The entire cantelope crop. I believe i have developed a new strain. The High Altitude 2 bite cantelope.
Drying Fennel for this winter for soups and stews
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Looking good 3way your garden reminds me of those community gardens I see in the Rich neighborhoods here.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:05 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Looking good 3way your garden reminds me of those community gardens I see in the Rich neighborhoods here.

I like the raised beds. They are easier to work with. Especially from a water perspective.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:52 am

3waycross wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Looking good 3way your garden reminds me of those community gardens I see in the Rich neighborhoods here.

I like the raised beds. They are easier to work with. Especially from a water perspective.

Gotcha... I never planted anything in a raised bed . I probably will try to plant some watermelons in a raised bed away from my garden they choked out some of my sweet taters and took the garden over. Do you put soaker hoses in the raised beds?
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:08 pm

3 way I had no idea you were a gardener. Looks good too. We have a small raised garden about 30 feet square made with metal bridge railing. Only problem we have is keeping it moist enough for things to grow. Seems to dry out awfully quick.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

TexasBred wrote:3 way I had no idea you were a gardener. Looks good too. We have a small raised garden about 30 feet square made with metal bridge railing. Only problem we have is keeping it moist enough for things to grow. Seems to dry out awfully quick.

I water about twice a week when we're not getting any rain and I soak the poop out of it
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:22 pm

Guess what I did today... still got 2 more rows left

0 x

Return to “Gardening”