OOPS

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

OOPS

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:23 am

I just noticed that I accidently got round up on one of my grape vines its only a foot tall I was trying to be careful and spray around it so i could kill the grass and then mulch around the vine. Do you all think it will come back in the spring ?
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Re: OOPS

Postby ga.prime » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:29 pm

If the roundup causes it to brown out and defoliate, it could come back but it would be in a month or two. If it defoliates and doesn't green back up before the fall of this year then it will almost certainly not come back next spring.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks yea if not i will just plant more this fall in its place. I didnt want to weed eat around it for fear of cutting it down but then accidently sprayed it go figure lol
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:51 pm

:lol2: You're not the first person that ever did that. They're pretty easy to kill when they're young and have a small root system.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Cut it back before the spray has time to go to the roots. It should sprout back out then fron the roots.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Kenny, that would probably have worked if he had done that immediately but I don't think he knew it had roundup on it until it had turned brown.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:23 pm

ga.prime wrote:Kenny, that would probably have worked if he had done that immediately but I don't think he knew it had roundup on it until it had turned brown.

Oh, not good then. Just hope for the best.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:13 pm

ga.prime wrote::lol2: You're not the first person that ever did that. They're pretty easy to kill when they're young and have a small root system.

:lol:

kenny thomas wrote:
ga.prime wrote:Kenny, that would probably have worked if he had done that immediately but I don't think he knew it had roundup on it until it had turned brown.

Oh, not good then. Just hope for the best.

Exactly I didn't notice until it was a nice shade of yellow till a few days after the fact lol
0 x

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:I just noticed that I accidently got round up on one of my grape vines its only a foot tall I was trying to be careful and spray around it so i could kill the grass and then mulch around the vine. Do you all think it will come back in the spring ?

Yes it could. Especially if it is that Lazarus strain!
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:15 pm

I hope it comes back but I am looking for another replacement lol Do yall think a criss cross wire about 5 feet tall is good enough for the vines to grow on?
0 x

Return to “Gardening”