Page 2 of 4

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 pm
by skyhightree1
I didn't win either as you can tell im still physically growing my food lol

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:25 pm
by skyhightree1
Image

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 am
by chippie
that looks great. I wish that we had your soil.

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:54 am
by skyhightree1
chippie wrote:that looks great. I wish that we had your soil.


Thanks chippie what kind of soil do you all have there?

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:57 pm
by skyhightree1
week later

Image

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 pm
by Jogeephus
That looks good. Our soil is still a little wet but hopefully I will have mine going shortly. Will also have to eliminate a couple of deer that have become a problem in the garden.

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 pm
by skyhightree1
Jogeephus wrote:That looks good. Our soil is still a little wet but hopefully I will have mine going shortly. Will also have to eliminate a couple of deer that have become a problem in the garden.


Thanks. I have had over a dozen people ask me how my stuff stays so green and what do I do to achieve it and I won't tell them I just say I guess I have a green thump lol but thats not the complete truth lol The deer don't mess with my stuff as this garden is on the side of my house lol Eliminate deer and fill the freezer sounds like a awesome plan to me. If you move up to close to me you don't have to worry about planting a garden I gotcha covered ;-)

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:02 am
by Jogeephus
skyhightree1 wrote:If you move up to close to me you don't have to worry about planting a garden I gotcha covered


Where would the fun be in that? I really don't need to plant a garden cause I already have so much put up but I just like growing it and I think I can always make room for food.

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 am
by skyhightree1
Jogeephus wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:If you move up to close to me you don't have to worry about planting a garden I gotcha covered


Where would the fun be in that? I really don't need to plant a garden cause I already have so much put up but I just like growing it and I think I can always make room for food.


LOL sorry Jo I was looking out for my stomach... I was hoping if you were closer you would get veggies and I would get some of that good food you make lol

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:24 pm
by skyhightree1
I added more broccoli and cabbage and collards

Image

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 pm
by Jogeephus
My peas are trying to come up. I may have to resort to a new spray program though.

Image

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:28 pm
by skyhightree1
Jogeephus wrote:My peas are trying to come up. I may have to resort to a new spray program though.

Image


What kind of peas did you plant?

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:34 pm
by 1982vett
Jogeephus wrote:My peas are trying to come up. I may have to resort to a new spray program though.

Image

You talking about and intermittent spray of lead pellets from time to time?

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:30 pm
by Jogeephus
I planted zipper peas but if the deer have their way I won't be picking any. Be proud its a deer season is some time away yet but the idea that a deer would go and step on a defenseless juvenile pea plant is reprehensible and should not go unpunished.

Re: 2013 Winter Garden

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:05 am
by skyhightree1
That deer deserves everything it has coming to him ... Lead.. Knives..Salt... Pepper.. Various spices