Red berries: Therapeutic properties

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
Gwenaelle
Beginner
Beginner

Red berries: Therapeutic properties

Postby Gwenaelle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:00 am

We’ve been growing red berries for years now: blueberries, raspberries, gooseberries… Recently, I heard that they have therapeutic properties.Have you ever heard of this? Is it true?
0 x

Audren
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Red berries: Therapeutic properties

Postby Audren » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:43 am

We often eat red berries at home but never heard this Gwenaelle. I just know that fruits are beneficial for health, maybe it is part of its therapeutic properties.
0 x

snake67
Rancher
Rancher
Location: Transplanted westerner - now as far east in Ontario as you can go and still speak English!

Postby snake67 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 am

Personally I would like to see this from a PEER reviewed research paper in a medical journal like the New England Medical Journal before I would believe it myself.

Lots of quackery out there from so called respected researchers and respected doctors and especially on the internet.

And there is a sucker born every minute - forget who said that - but it is indeed true.

Lots of hogwash out there that has made many people rich off the wallets of the easily swayed.

Be that as it may they do taste good!

A balanced diet is all anyone needs - just like the cattle we raise - anything more just gets pizzed out the back end.

Best to all

Bez
0 x

snake67
Rancher
Rancher
Location: Transplanted westerner - now as far east in Ontario as you can go and still speak English!

Postby snake67 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:44 am

Audren and Gwenaelle

Are you two the same people or different people with similar agendas?

Bez
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:07 am

I have always thought marinated Juniper berries had medicinal properties.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:38 am

HDRider wrote:I have always thought marinated Juniper berries had medicinal properties.

How perceptive of you Dr Rider. and what dosage do you recommend for maximum effect?
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:04 pm

3waycross wrote:
HDRider wrote:I have always thought marinated Juniper berries had medicinal properties.

How perceptive of you Dr Rider. and what dosage do you recommend for maximum effect?

Start with a half pint and work up. :mrgreen: Old Spice can be substituted for the marinated juniper berries.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:07 pm

3waycross wrote:

All depends on what ails you. Milder afflictions might be soothed with three to four doses. Severe illness might take a whole nights dosage and counts get muddled.

It will cure what ails you. I have been known to doctor up preemptively.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Gwenaelle
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Gwenaelle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:34 am

In fact, some books have dealt with it and it has caught my attention since I’ve never heard this before. This one for example “The therapeutic properties of red berries” the health publishing company edition.Fruits and vegetables are well-known for keeping us young and healthier but red berries, have astounding protective properties and effective ones against pain and infections. I found that it can be used as natural antibiotic, it is somehow unbelievable.
0 x

Return to “Gardening”