Yes, we did this to our swimming pool

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
shaz
GURU
GURU

Re: Yes, we did this to our swimming pool

Postby shaz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:12 pm

None of those arguments worked on the wife. I have a ****ing swimming pool.
0 x
Grab the bull by the horns.....then what are you supposed to do?

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:52 pm

A couple years before we filled it in, i converted the pool to saltwater. I totally recommend it, made it almost maintenance free..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

That looks great. You could put some channel iron down and make a green house that would slide over it in the winter.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:23 pm

We turned the pool house into a greenhouse. But, someday i plan to make a chicken tractor that i will be able to move around the garden in the winter. Back when it was a swimming pool, we had a dome that we put over it in the winter. It extended our season to about a month. But, while it was up i had what i called Bubble Trouble. Although it survived many a storm, if the electricity went out, it was a problem. I'd have to go out and help it go down. It was huge. If i can find a picture i'll post it.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Its shocking when i see how the pool looked as a pool....makes me just a little sad, but it was the smart thing to do..
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 am

Cowgirl... that looks like a wonderful idea! If it were up to me, that is exactly what I would do. Unfortunately I am overruled when it comes to the pool... the kids love it and I must admit, in the heat of the summer after a long day of work, it is pretty refreshing to jump in!

I am lucky that the wife takes care of the pool... all I do is maintain the pump and filter.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:35 am

When your kids move out maybe you'll remember my garden..Once our kids moved out no one swam in it...During the summer i turn my hot tub down to 96...love sitting in it year round.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 am

cowgirl8 wrote:When your kids move out maybe you'll remember my garden..Once our kids moved out no one swam in it...During the summer i turn my hot tub down to 96...love sitting in it year round.

We only have one left at home and she is a senior in college... I do have a couple of 9-month old twin Grandbabies and some Nieces and Nephews who like swimming in the pool. I think it is here to stay!

We have a hot tub as well... I really do enjoy that! Crank that thing up to 104 and let me soak my pains away!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 am

Forreal, i sit in mine every morning and watch the sun come up and listen to my cows wake up...
0 x

Return to “Gardening”