Pecan Cracking and Shelling

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
GACowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Pecan Cracking and Shelling

Postby GACowboy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Is there anyone Cracking and Shelling Pecans on this forum? Just comment if you have done this for the public. Thanks
0 x
Hard work is never easy.

GACowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Pecan Cracking and Shelling

Postby GACowboy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:44 pm

I am looking to buy a $7500 machine and wondering if this is a good investment.
0 x
Hard work is never easy.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:18 pm

GACowboy wrote:I am looking to buy a $7500 machine and wondering if this is a good investment.

I do not but if you have the market for the pecans which are high as H... anyway then why not get a machine that will make your life easier and allow you to make $. You have to put money out to make $
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:43 am

I don't know anything about the pecan business in your part of the country. but I've had two different outfits shake trees for me on rent places. I'd clean up under the trees (mow, pick up fallen limbs, etc) and they would do everything else, including selling my share. They'd then send me a check for 40 percent. It's like finding money on the ground. Several times I got enough to pay the rent for the year.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Return to “Gardening”