Garden 2015

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Garden 2015

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:15 pm

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:50 am

I've gotten 6+ inches of rain since my purple hull peas started forming the peas.
This may be the 3rd crop this year that gets flooded out..........spring, summer--now fall?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

MudHog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MudHog » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Just under 6" of rain here in 30 hours which is added to the 7" of rain that fell last weekend. The big garden is non-existent right now. I actually used the garden to catch my last two calves. I had plans to disc the garden after I caught the two calves, but then the 7" of rain fell . Now 6" of rain this weekend and I won't be planting anything in the big garden. I'll use up some of my Mustard and Turnip seeds in my raided beds and get a handful of shallots in the raised beds too. IF it happens to dry enough, I may scratch the ground some with the harrow and then throw the rest of the Mustard and Turnips out in the big garden.

0 x
"A vegetarian is a person who won't eat anything that can have children." - David Brenner

Return to “Gardening”