I have a calf that limpes on it's back lag it is swollen at the keen hoke and doesn't look to be swollen any where else

Got a calving or breeding question? Get an answer.
wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Re: I have a calf that limpes on it's back lag it is swollen at the keen hoke and doesn't look to be swollen any where e

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:02 am

Loretta wrote:And it feels like there is alot of flud on it

Fluid gravitates down from higher up.

Ken
0 x

Loretta
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: I have a calf that limpes on it's back lag it is swollen at the keen hoke and doesn't look to be swollen any where e

Postby Loretta » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am

It's got bone splinters sticking out i really don't thank it would come out of that but the horse ligament got it down enough to see them thanks for the help
0 x

Loretta
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Loretta » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 am

Thanks for everyone's time sorry to bother everyone but thank
0 x

Loretta
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Loretta » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 pm

The calf has bone splinters sticking out of it the horse ligament got the swolling has gone down enough to see and feel them it's shattered in there thanks for all the help and everyone thanks so much and sorry to bother everyone
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Sounds like not a good outcome, have you shot it?

Ken
1 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Loretta wrote:The calf has bone splinters sticking out of it the horse ligament got the swolling has gone down enough to see and feel them it's shattered in there thanks for all the help and everyone thanks so much and sorry to bother everyone

You're welcome for the help.

You were not bothering anyone.
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Loretta
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Loretta » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Thank u so much
1 x

Loretta
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Loretta » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm

It's not a good out come
0 x

snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby snoopdog » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Loretta wrote:It's not a good out come
Sorry to hear that
1 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Loretta wrote:It's not a good out come

With your description of bone shards, I didn't think it would be. Sorry to hear.

At least you were willing to try. Maybe the next one will be healthy and do well for you.
2 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:04 am

Loretta, we really appreciate how you conducted yourself here. You were a first time poster but were truly looking for advice, you answered questions when asked and kept us updated on how things were going. We get so many first time posters looking for advice but don't seem to stick around to even see the first reply. We enjoy helping people if we can but do like to hear of the outcome good or bad. Sorry that your outcome was bad but sometimes it is a relief to get a definite answer, you know that there was nothing more you could have done.

Ken
4 x

Loretta
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Loretta » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks everyone
0 x

Return to “Breeding / Calving Issues”