CPC Feeds

Backgrounding & feeding questions.
midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Re: CPC Feeds

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 pm

bse wrote:I've been using it for years. I use 13% grower 2 weeks before weaning in creep feeder, they stay on that for 45 days after weaning full feed no salt. Then I switch them to 14% developer hand feed at 1% body weight on the bulls. I increased the feed keeping up with there growth till yearling and that's all they will get, usually start around 7lbs a day the most they were ever on was 12.5lbs between Sept weigh and Nov gained just over 4lb a day when they left here bulls averaged 1450 and not to fat to go to work. So I like it pretty well.
Heifers get about 3lbs a day developer not trying to do anything with them other than have them coming when they hear my truck, they look pretty good on what little they get.

Barry, did you feed the medicated feed with Rumensine or the unmedicated? Thanks
0 x
Backward B Ranch
Registered Brangus Cattle

bse
GURU
GURU

Postby bse » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 am

I have Rumensen in both kinds 14 and 13%.
0 x

Banjo
GURU
GURU

Postby Banjo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

We used to feed some CPC feed a few years ago, when we used to creep feed. We would have 3 or 4 ton delivered into a gravity wagon.
The thing I remember most was the high number of rubber tie down straps I used to find in it.....unbelievable.
0 x

That's my opinion.....feel free to make it yours.

Return to “Feedyard Board”