Backgrounding & feeding questions.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Ridgefield Farms

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:11 pm

callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:Maybe these kinda pasture to plate deals. Or even the Amazon type deal are the best defense over the looming vertical beef industry we all fear.

I keep waiting to hear what jochephus has to say. Him being very intelligent,and very opinionated on this type of thing... :pop:

What does that mean? That he is cheap?

I can vouch for that. He is too cheap to buy beer so he makes it. Jocheapus. :D

It's obviously a typo. Quit acting like tt

Good advice.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:30 am

DDG's and corn are grain, not grass. He has listed "vegetarian diet" Which would consist of nothing but grass / forbs.

But.. everyone is listing "GRASS FED BEEF" RAISED ON CORN ! ! ! all over so the term is pretty much meaningless anymore anyway. No one understands raising cattle or anything either, so whoever you can get to buy it.. sell it.

looks like a nice setup, something i'm working on myself.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 am

ddd75 wrote:DDG's and corn are grain, not grass. He has listed "vegetarian diet" Which would consist of nothing but grass / forbs.

But.. everyone is listing "GRASS FED BEEF" RAISED ON CORN ! ! ! all over so the term is pretty much meaningless anymore anyway. No one understands raising cattle or anything either, so whoever you can get to buy it.. sell it.

A couple of the yearlings had green tags in their right ear and all the others had yellow tags in their left, needless to say I wanted to know why. He said those with the green tags needed to be doctored and will be sold at the sale barn.
Artesianspringsfarm, sells his beef the same way just on a smaller scale, he doesn't feed his cattle anything but grass, hay and snow though.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:31 am

ddd75 wrote:DDG's and corn are grain, not grass. He has listed "vegetarian diet" Which would consist of nothing but grass / forbs.

I read his website and apparently missed the reference to "grass fed". I did see "all natural" which he clearly is doing. And he certainly never mentioned "organic". Looks like the guys has it going right.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:51 am

TexasBred wrote:

I read his website and apparently missed the reference to "grass fed". I did see "all natural" which he clearly is doing. And he certainly never mentioned "organic". Looks like the guys has it going right.

I certainly never mentioned anything about "organic" .. I also never said anything about him using the term "grassfed." I was referencing OTHER people using the "grassfed" term. .
0 x

Post Oak
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Post Oak » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:35 am

I'm thinking that "always on grass" in this case is basically the "grain on grass" concept that he is using.
0 x
"Stretch your legs to suit your quilt. Very many of us are always busy stretching or shrinking ourselves to suit somebody's quilt besides our own."- John Donald Wade

Return to “Feedyard Board”