Backgrounding & feeding questions.
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Re: Ranchman, sky, Tb

Postby Craig Miller » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:09 pm

kd4au wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:
kd4au wrote:Pretty place . I nothing about sheep though. Ever show any cattle? I have a good friend and his daughter shows, they do very well.

Well we don't either. These are the first we've ever been around. We don't show calves. We have shown chickens, hogs, and now lambs. If it cost anymore to show calves then I don't see how a person does it.

I think it's like a lot of things you can spend as much as you want to on it, my friend spends more on it than I could afford that's for sure.

Showing of any kind is not big around here. The 4h is just now starting to do some showing. With the lambs our county partnered with 4 or 5 other counties and there are about 10 participants. The hogs we partnered with three counties and had 20 bu one of the coy ties split off to do their own show and left us with 8 I think for the whole show. The chicken show has plenty of I retest but we still partner with 3 counties and have a big show. There is one county south of us that does calf showing but they show dairy breeds. Not a lot of them around to pick from.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Ranchman, sky, Tb

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 pm

craig just seeing the pic look great
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Feedyard Board”