Calves on tubs

Backgrounding & feeding questions.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Calves on tubs

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:19 am

I see this pretty often. I was putting out hay and the calves were going to town on this tub. You could hear them licking away.

I guess it's a good thing. :)

0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Calves on tubs

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 am

Mom's must be lacking in the milk department? The cost of feeding tubs is to high for my operation. For the cost of a ton of tubs, I can feed 3+ tons of cotton seed.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:03 am

Calves lick tubes because their calves it has nothing to do with milk.
The natural protein in the tubs is a good thing. The urea does no harm or good for calves.

I feed cottonseed to one herd and tubs to two others. Anyone who thinks there is no situations where tubs are cheaper needs to take a class in business.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:18 am

callmefence wrote:Calves lick tubes because their calves it has nothing to do with milk.
The natural protein in the tubs is a good thing. The urea does no harm or good for calves.

I feed cottonseed to one herd and tubs to two others. Anyone who thinks there is no situations where tubs are cheaper needs to take a class in business.

No doubt what works for one operation isn't the best for the next. I was under the impression that all a Brahma cow needed was land and she could do the rest. Brahman cattle must not be so super duper after all.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:24 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
callmefence wrote:Calves lick tubes because their calves it has nothing to do with milk.

No doubt what works for one operation isn't the best for the next. I was under the impression that all a Brahma cow needed was land and she could do the rest. Brahman cattle must not be so super duper after all.

Boy your overrun with dumbazz this morning. Get some coffee in you and check back in.
3 x

David Crockett

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:26 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

Do those look like Brahman calves? :???:

True Grit Farms... IF you are going to come screw up a thread at least bring some witty stuff we can enjoy.

1 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:27 am

I kind of figured that was the deal... molasses is like candy for them I assume.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 am

Brute 23 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Do those look like Brahman calves? :???:

True Grit Farms... IF you are going to come screw up a thread at least bring some witty stuff we can enjoy.

I could show dozens of times he's contridiced himself trying to stir things up. Does it so often he can't even keep up with his own shyt.
3 x

David Crockett

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 am

Brute 23 wrote:

I kind of figured that was the deal... molasses is like candy for them I assume.

Never fed my cows candy, is that what makes a Brahma's ears droop or grow a hump?
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:37 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

Never fed my cows candy, is that what makes a Brahma's ears droop or grow a hump?

Yes
1 x

David Crockett

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:38 am

Thanks
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:01 am

christmas hug everyone

nice lookin calves brute!
2 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 pm

ddd75 wrote:christmas hug everyone

nice lookin calves brute!

Thanks
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:24 pm

My calves love the tubs! Throw some cubes on top and you'll have some seriously happy calves.
1 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:54 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/10/news/ec ... index.html
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Feedyard Board”