Individual Calf Record Keeping for Stockers

Backgrounding & feeding questions.
ashtonlogsdon
Beginner
Beginner

Individual Calf Record Keeping for Stockers

Postby ashtonlogsdon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 pm

I have been searching through both paid and free software, as well as Excel spreadsheets to find one to keep records of individual calves instead of in groups. I am wanting to record purchase date, purchase price, beginning weight, vaccinations, ADG, sale date, sale price, sale weight etc. I have found some that do keep these records but also have an excessive amount of items that would not be utilized (birth date and weight etc.) I am about to go all out and design my own but did not want to reinvent the wheel if it was already out there.

Anybody have any suggestions? Or have a spreadsheet they would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance,
0 x

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Individual Calf Record Keeping for Stockers

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:53 am

I like Cattlemax pretty well.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:16 am

ashtonlogsdon wrote:I have been searching through both paid and free software, as well as Excel spreadsheets to find one to keep records of individual calves instead of in groups. I am wanting to record purchase date, purchase price, beginning weight, vaccinations, ADG, sale date, sale price, sale weight etc. I have found some that do keep these records but also have an excessive amount of items that would not be utilized (birth date and weight etc.) I am about to go all out and design my own but did not want to reinvent the wheel if it was already out there.

Anybody have any suggestions? Or have a spreadsheet they would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance,

Cattlemax, and I hear that calf book is good but I'm not gonna fix what ain't broke
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Tbrake » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Does CattleMax have an app? I can’t seem to find it if so
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 am

Tbrake wrote:Does CattleMax have an app? I can’t seem to find it if so

its web based , You can access it from any device . You can also take any website you visit and make an icon for you home screen that looks like an app button .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Return to “Feedyard Board”