Mentor
Mentor

Re: Wet distillers grain

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 pm

cjmc wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Dsteim wrote:
Yes from beer brewing.

That's not distillers grain. It's wet brewers grain. You can feed it free choice. At 65=70% water it takes quite a bit of it to get any real dry matter into the cattle.

Just out of curiosity. How different is WBG from WDG in terms of DM, Phos, CP & energy?

There can be variations due to ingredients used, processing and moisture levels. NRC has not set standards for either but the two are relatively equal. I don't know anyone in this area that has ever used wet distillers even when there were many more dairies in the area but quite a few used wet brewers grain because their was a brewery only about 25 miles up the road. Nearest ethanol plant was 300 miles and it's not economically feasible to haul such high moisture products long distances.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

quartermeter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby quartermeter » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:23 pm

TexasBred wrote:
quartermeter wrote:Title says distillers grain, he meant WBG, wet brewers grain. There is no fermentation in WBG. As for the waste. It’s SHT with the waste. He’s dumping 10,000 lbs on the ground. I said 1/2 is wasted due to them walking on it. I feed in 300 gal totes. I have no waste. Go read again.

Go back to page one and you'll see that "I" was the one that pointed out that it was indeed WBG and not wet distillers grain. WBG absolutely is fermented during the beer manufacturing process. Without it there is no alcohol.

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It’s just wet ground barely. The water or YURT is the liquid that’s drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The yurt is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm

quartermeter wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
quartermeter wrote:Title says distillers grain, he meant WBG, wet brewers grain. There is no fermentation in WBG. As for the waste. It’s SHT with the waste. He’s dumping 10,000 lbs on the ground. I said 1/2 is wasted due to them walking on it. I feed in 300 gal totes. I have no waste. Go read again.

Go back to page one and you'll see that "I" was the one that pointed out that it was indeed WBG and not wet distillers grain. WBG absolutely is fermented during the beer manufacturing process. Without it there is no alcohol.

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It’s just wet ground barely. The water or YURT is the liquid that’s drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The yurt is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

Quartermeter.. your killing me your talking about stuff you don't know about.. it's wort not Yurt..it also has no standardized time frame everything depends on the type of beer being brewed. I don't need to google it I live it it's not just barley there's other ingredients used sometimes...geez such misinformation.
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 am

quartermeter wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

If it's Budweiser it's most likely RICE. :nod:
0 x

quartermeter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby quartermeter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
quartermeter wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Go back to page one and you'll see that "I" was the one that pointed out that it was indeed WBG and not wet distillers grain. WBG absolutely is fermented during the beer manufacturing process. Without it there is no alcohol.

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It’s just wet ground barely. The water or Wort is the liquid that’s drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The wort is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

Quartermeter.. your killing me your talking about stuff you don't know about.. it's wort not wort..it also has no standardized time frame everything depends on the type of beer being brewed. I don't need to google it I live it it's not just barley there's other ingredients used sometimes...geez such misinformation.

DA the whole point in this was that THERE IS NO ALCOHOL IN WBG. Don’t be so anal. You pick things apart that don’t matter and let the point go over your head. Get some meds.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:48 pm

quartermeter wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
quartermeter wrote:
No there is no alcohol in WBG. It’s just wet ground barely. The water or Wort is the liquid that’s drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The wort is fermented. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.

Quartermeter.. your killing me your talking about stuff you don't know about.. it's wort not wort..it also has no standardized time frame everything depends on the type of beer being brewed. I don't need to google it I live it it's not just barley there's other ingredients used sometimes...geez such misinformation.

DA the whole point in this was that THERE IS NO ALCOHOL IN WBG. Don’t be so anal. You pick things apart that don’t matter and let the point go over your head. Get some meds.

You got on talking about something you have absolutely no idea about and then have the nerve to tell someone to Google it... Bud I think if there is a DA its that fella looking right back at you when you look in a mirror. Yes, We were talking about WBG has no alcohol but you trying to be Mr. Smarty decided to try to school all us DA's when really all you did was meet me the Smart A who schooled you again. So uhhhh... if you were on the outside looking in at all the misinformation you have been spouting... Who do you really think folks will think is the DA :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: .... I think you know who it is. :cowboy: :tiphat:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:58 pm

quartermeter wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
quartermeter wrote:

BTW I see you cleaned up what you said and then tried to make it look like I was wrong... Nice try bud all you gotta do is look at the quoted message you said before you changed it when you responded to me.. Nice try but we got your # you could have said thanks for providing you with some education instead of trying to act like you knew that all along. :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 pm

quartermeter wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

No there is no alcohol in WBG. It’s just wet ground barely. The water or YURT is the liquid that’s drained off 2 hrs after it goes in. The yurt is fermented[/size]. No alcohol in WBG. Google it.
0 x

quartermeter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby quartermeter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 pm

And you still think there’s alcohol in WBG. Your clueless. Did your mom have any children that lived??
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:47 pm

quartermeter wrote:And you still think there’s alcohol in WBG. Your clueless. Did your mom have any children that lived??

Apparently you can't read cause I never said there was alcohol in WBG :lol: :lol: :lol: ... You should try to be more original instead of quoting movie lines as an insult. Please go back and find where I said there is alcohol in WBG surely since your good at quoting and know everything you will point it out.
0 x

quartermeter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby quartermeter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:25 pm

:deadhorse: I got to go pick up my WBG for my FAT COWS. THERE’s one thing for sure. My cows are fatter than yours. BECAUSE YOU NEVER SAID YOUR COWS ARE FAT... BUT I DID. Y’all believe this guy??? I don’t know how you find your way to town.
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :bang: :bang:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 pm

quartermeter wrote::deadhorse: I got to go pick up my WBG for my FAT COWS. THERE’s one thing for sure. My cows are fatter than yours. BECAUSE YOU NEVER SAID YOUR COWS ARE FAT... BUT I DID. Y’all believe this guy??? I don’t know how you find your way to town.
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :bang: :bang:

Prime example that inbreeding still exists... I'm done.. Another on the block list :cowboy:
0 x

quartermeter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby quartermeter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Yeah i’ll bet that’s one long list. I can tell you got a hard time getting along with people, Especially here. Like I said earlier you need to get on some meds. You got a big problem with reading comprehension. You keep beating that horse dude. And your cows aren’t fat and you never do say nothing. Get a job or something man. what do you do work for the government?
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 pm

quartermeter wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
quartermeter wrote:

Seems you're the one keeping it going, talking trash, calling names, etc....As for alcohol in WBG or WDG, it depends on how old it is and what it's been exposed to and how stored. There certainly could be some weak alcohol residue. Seen a few dogs stagger off after filling up on the drainage from a pile. Never seen it affect a cow.
0 x

quartermeter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby quartermeter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Yeah that could be but all the beer grain I’ve got they drain the water off an hour or two after they put it in so it can’t be any alcohol in that grain. I wish y’all would have stepped up on old mile high tree there that guys crazy. He don’t have much good to say about anything.
0 x

Return to “Feedyard Board”