Soybean price drop

Backgrounding & feeding questions.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Soybean price drop

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I hope the government comes up with a bailout program for farmers since the government created the problem with this tariff business.

Wrong, farmers created this by over extending themselves and being greedy by over paying for rent and land.
Some of us don't need government bailouts to stay in business.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I hope the government comes up with a bailout program for farmers since the government created the problem with this tariff business.

Wrong, farmers created this by over extending themselves and being greedy by over paying for rent and land.
Some of us don't need government bailouts to stay in business.

Some need to break out their pencil more often, and need to visit with the banker less often.
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:29 am

Without farmers we don't eat. I like to eat.

Bail 'em out.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:29 pm

That's true TT but we need to wean the public off of welfare, and make people fell the consequence's for their bad decisions. The US population is to fat and missing a meal or two won't hurt most of us.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:35 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:That's true TT but we need to wean the public off of welfare, and make people fell the consequence's for their bad decisions. The US population is to fat and missing a meal or two won't hurt most of us.

Please explain to me the bad decision a farmer makes when he puts his crop in the ground only to have his government start playing trade war games thereby devaluing his crop?

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm

You take your lumps like a man, not cry for a hand out. Stuff happens all the time and most just suck it up and move on. Did anyone bale you out when COOL didn't pass? How about NAFTA? A sheet of 5' x 10' x 3/16" aluminum went up $65.00 in the last 3 months. It's no big deal I'm happy to pay more if it's going to help the US of A out in the long run. And I feel were heading in the right direction myself. It's hard to cut spending when you keep bailing people out. I thought you were a fiscal conservative?

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:You take your lumps like a man, not cry for a hand out. Stuff happens all the time and most just suck it up and move on. Did anyone bale you out when COOL didn't pass? How about NAFTA? A sheet of 5' x 10' x 3/16" aluminum went up $65.00 in the last 3 months. It's no big deal I'm happy to pay more if it's going to help the US of A out in the long run. And I feel were heading in the right direction myself. It's hard to cut spending when you keep bailing people out. I thought you were a fiscal conservative?

Yet you drive a Dodge Ram.

Auto company bailouts are exempt in your world I suppose?

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Hopefully Donnie comes through for the hardworking farmers of this country.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-look ... 1523453857

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Yep that works great, borrowing your way out of debt. I guess the farmers can always file for bankruptcy after receiving the loans. It worked good for our fearless leader.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:27 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Yep that works great, borrowing your way out of debt. I guess the farmers can always file for bankruptcy after receiving the loans. It worked good for our fearless leader.

IF you ever get in the same position you'll be at the bankruptcy lawyers office before daylight to start the paperwork for your Chapter 7.
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 pm

TexasBred wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Yep that works great, borrowing your way out of debt. I guess the farmers can always file for bankruptcy after receiving the loans. It worked good for our fearless leader.

IF you ever get in the same position you'll be at the bankruptcy lawyers office before daylight to start the paperwork for your Chapter 7.

Your full of crap on this one TB. I'm not into raping the government even though it's like taking candy from a baby. As a commercial fishermen I've been screwed by government regulations since 1982. MAGA

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:53 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:And I feel were heading in the right direction myself. It's hard to cut spending when you keep bailing people out.

Or spending 10's of millions of dollars on Golf Trips........

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 am

sstterry wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:And I feel were heading in the right direction myself. It's hard to cut spending when you keep bailing people out.

Easy now that's hitting close to home.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:33 am

sstterry wrote:

Leave Obama out of this. Captain Vacation is out of office.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:40 am

Boat builders around the USA, hog farmers in Ohio, whiskey makers in Kentucky, coal miners every where, petroleum producers in Texas. This list could go on and on. Other countries will take on the market left by the tariffs and it will become a permanent between them and China. IBM will be moving and setting up in the EU area because of the tariffs 13500 employees reported. Could be that feed costs for livestock producers will come down as other cost inputs we have should make selling our $75 cwt calves sustainable.