Can this work?

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
hillbillyhammer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Can this work?

Postby hillbillyhammer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:18 am

TB she has not been checked just guessing, but I believe that she is starting to make a bag. I will try to get a pic like you asked.
Butch I don't know a due date just a late summer/early fall guess. She has been with reg. char bulls. Very few calves get pulled from these bulls each year. I hope she can have it on her own. Never been around a milk cow and it just looks like there is not much room back there.

Do either of ya'll have a guess to what cross she is?

hillbillyhammer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby hillbillyhammer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Here you go TB

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:16 am

I don't know what cross she is, because she seems to favor Jersey I'll guess 3/4 jersey 1/4 Braunvieh or Brown Swiss
What cross were you told?
She's bagging in the rear... I'll change my guess to 9-11 or sooner.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 pm

hillbillyhammer wrote:TB she has not been checked just guessing, but I believe that she is starting to make a bag. I will try to get a pic like you asked.
Butch I don't know a due date just a late summer/early fall guess. She has been with reg. char bulls. Very few calves get pulled from these bulls each year. I hope she can have it on her own. Never been around a milk cow and it just looks like there is not much room back there.

Nice looking heifer and beginning to build up a little fluid in her udder. I think she'll make you proud.
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

hillbillyhammer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby hillbillyhammer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I don't know what cross she is, because she seems to favor Jersey I'll guess 3/4 jersey 1/4 Braunvieh or Brown Swiss
What cross were you told?
She's bagging in the rear... I'll change my guess to 9-11 or sooner.

All I know about her is that her dad was supposed to be full blood jersey, the seller bought her with a group of jersey crosses and does not know anything about the mothers. She was too "milk cow looking" for him and he knew I was wanting a family cow. I am going to circle 9-11 on the calendar , I'm betting your pretty close.

hillbillyhammer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby hillbillyhammer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:51 pm

TexasBred wrote:
hillbillyhammer wrote:TB she has not been checked just guessing, but I believe that she is starting to make a bag. I will try to get a pic like you asked.

Nice looking heifer and beginning to build up a little fluid in her udder. I think she'll make you proud.

Thanks TB, I hope your right. Can I count on your support if I need some help pulling that calf. Butch is kinda far away and it might take him too long to get here. :lol2:

Return to “Got Milk?”