Skim Milk Lies

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Re: Skim Milk Lies

Postby WalnutCrest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Chocolate Cow wrote:I have an adopted granddaughter who is gluten intolerant. She was a mess until Doctors figured out what was wrong. She had been labeled a failure to thrive, her speech was delayed along with motor skills. Once the gluten intolerance was diagnosed, things turned around quickly. She's growing like a weed, loves school and is a changed little girl. I :heart: her to pieces.

She is so intolerant you can't use a 'gluten exposed spoon' to put food on her plate. We had pizza one night and I put her left over gluten free pizza on top of the regular pizza to refrigerate. I never thought about cross contamination. She couldn't eat her left over pizza because it had touched the other one.

I've read that gluten intolerance can possibly be traced to introducing gluten foods to babies at too early of an age.

I'm in the early stages of helping a gluten-free food company get off the ground... These are exciting times!
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

Chocolate Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Chocolate Cow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:46 pm

WalnutCrest wrote:I'm in the early stages of helping a gluten-free food company get off the ground... These are exciting times!

That's fantastic, WalnutCrest. I hope their products are successful and show up locally here. I would certainly support them. Keep me updated, if you don't mind.
0 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Chocolate Cow wrote:
WalnutCrest wrote:I'm in the early stages of helping a gluten-free food company get off the ground... These are exciting times!

That's fantastic, WalnutCrest. I hope their products are successful and show up locally here. I would certainly support them. Keep me updated, if you don't mind.

Will do. We already have international distribution lined up, plus distribution to almost every state. We are raising equity capital right now...
0 x

regolith
GURU
GURU

Postby regolith » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Actually loving the gluten-free and health food fad as someone who is genetically wheat-intolerant.
A lot of cereals are mixed with wheat products, even if they are labelled a being 'rice' or 'corn' - I always check the ingredients. I suppose the gluten-free label would save the time of picking up the box and looking at the back... and a lot of foods that used to contain wheat now don't, because rice or corn can fill the purpose just as well (though in my days they claimed it was sawdust 'they' used as filler in sausages not wheat).

Agree with the skim-milk sentiment but I also get annoyed at standardised homogenised pasteurised 'milk' masquerading as whole milk - my cows produce milk on average 5%plus fat 4%plus protein 5%plus lactose; that is whole milk, sweet and creamy and unadulterated. 'whole milk' sold in the shops here is 3.3% fat and there's hardly a cow in NZ naturally produces milk that low in solids.
0 x
dunmovin

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:09 am

Think "malted gluten free grains" ... everything from beer to malt extract to spray on corn flakes to make them crunchy to malt vinegar etc ...

"Malt" and "gluten free" don't normally go together ...
0 x

Return to “Got Milk?”