Page 1 of 1

Bail out

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:26 pm
by Craig Miller

Re: Bail out

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:46 pm
by True Grit Farms
Government bailouts are for weasels and snakes. If the government would just let the markets sort themselves out we'd all be better off in the long run. This year the Japanese are paying a 38% tariff on US beef imports.
The government has no idea how to run a business, and should even be allowed to try.

Re: Bail out

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:19 am
by greybeard
I find it hard to believe there is an 11 million pound cheese surplus, as much cheese as Skyhightree eats.

Re: Bail out

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:13 am
by ez14
greybeard wrote:I find it hard to believe there is an 11 million pound cheese surplus, as much cheese as Skyhightree eats.

someone needs to let sky know somebody has surplus cheese he will take care of it :lol:

Re: Bail out

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:06 pm
by Bigfoot
There going to buy it, and then give it away. Makes perfect sense.

Re: Bail out

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:13 pm
by JMJ Farms
I've got a surplus of horn flies and cow shyt. Reckon the govt is interested in purchasing either or both :lol:

Maybe they they could just purchase my cattle, as current prices suggest there is a surplus of beef :hide:

Re: Bail out

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:55 pm
by dun
Bigfoot wrote:There going to buy it, and then give it away. Makes perfect sense.

They make it sound like this is something new. The feds have been doing it for years!

Re: Bail out

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:39 am
by TexasBred
True Grit Farms wrote:Government bailouts are for weasels and snakes. If the government would just let the markets sort themselves out we'd all be better off in the long run. This year the Japanese are paying a 38% tariff on US beef imports.
The government has no idea how to run a business, and should even be allowed to try.

The dairyman gets no money from this program. He's already been paid for his milk months ago. This simply attempts to removed surplus cheese. It will only give users of more cheese than they need possibly even having the affect of lowering milk prices for the dairy owner. This is not a dairy bail out by any means.