No use crying over spilt milk !!!

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

No use crying over spilt milk !!!

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:54 pm

oh yes it is when it cost $5.65 a gallon. This fell out the bag on the driveway.

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: No use crying over spilt milk !!!

Postby Nesikep » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:05 pm

don't you have cows?
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:07 pm

My wife lost a gallon of milk in her car for about two weeks. I smelled it one day. "I thought I bought that milk." says she.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:10 pm

lol I do have some but I don't milk them maybe I should get a jersey or Holstein and milk them. HD that is funny spoiled milk is super stinky.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:12 pm

just get a beefer's to let you milk her.. the prerequisite is she have a name ;)
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Nesikep wrote:just get a beefer's to let you milk her.. the prerequisite is she have a name ;)

lol I don't think the calf will appreciate it but I will try it.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:24 pm

I milked my cow Mega for 3 quarts a day for 3 days now.. calf doesnt mind, he's got more than he can drink anyhow... in a month he'd complain.

I found the best way to do it if you have a tame enough cow is to wait until the calf nurses, then go on the other side of the cow and milk... the calf will make her let her milk down, and otherwise you might be in for a challenge to even get a cup out of her
0 x

highgrit
GURU
GURU

Postby highgrit » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:52 pm

2 gallons for 5 bucks last week at Harvey's in Dublin. Price of milk is on the rise. But the dairy folks don't want to pay for the Beef check off on calf sales.
0 x
" not all muslims are terrorist, but all the terrorist were muslim "

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:36 pm

HDRider wrote:My wife lost a gallon of milk in her car for about two weeks. I smelled it one day. "I thought I bought that milk." says she.

Does a whole gallon just roll under the seat out of site? :lol:
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Nesikep wrote:I milked my cow Mega for 3 quarts a day for 3 days now.. calf doesnt mind, he's got more than he can drink anyhow... in a month he'd complain.

I found the best way to do it if you have a tame enough cow is to wait until the calf nurses, then go on the other side of the cow and milk... the calf will make her let her milk down, and otherwise you might be in for a challenge to even get a cup out of her

I have some cows I can just walk up too and check for milk so maybe theres my connection lol thanks for the tip nesi
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:50 am

might want to wear some linebackers gear too :P

You need a self-milking cow.. like Mega
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:18 am

branguscowgirl wrote:
HDRider wrote:My wife lost a gallon of milk in her car for about two weeks. I smelled it one day. "I thought I bought that milk." says she.

Does a whole gallon just roll under the seat out of site? :lol:

She had a Corilla station wagon with two baby seats and essential mom stuff. Quite a collection in the back of the car.

On a shopping trip a grocery bag tipped and the gallon of milk slid under her pile of essential mother's baby traveling paraphernalia. Hidden for over a week, in the summer, of a car.

Never burst. I could smell it, luckily stilled contained in the plastic jug.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:58 am

highgrit wrote:2 gallons for 5 bucks last week at Harvey's in Dublin. Price of milk is on the rise. But the dairy folks don't want to pay for the Beef check off on calf sales.

You don;t seriously belive the dairyman is making a lot off the milk they sell to the processor I hope.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:09 am

Nesikep wrote:might want to wear some linebackers gear too :P

You need a self-milking cow.. like Mega

Can I borrow her :) I drink a gallon of milk a day alone we normally use a gallono and a half a day.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:10 am

Good lord that's more expensive a habit that smoking!

Mega only likes me.. I'm sorry
0 x

Return to “Got Milk?”