No use crying over spilt milk !!!

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: No use crying over spilt milk !!!

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:47 am

Nesikep wrote:Good lord that's more expensive a habit that smoking!

Mega only likes me.. I'm sorry

Yes it is my wife told me to get a dairy cow as well cause its ridiculous how much milk I drink as well as how much $ it is so I guess I will be getting a jersey lol.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:58 am

the three of us here drink about a gallon a week, though we eat a lot of cheese, and when we have it, yogurt
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am

Nesikep wrote:the three of us here drink about a gallon a week, though we eat a lot of cheese, and when we have it, yogurt

We buy 7 gallons of milk every about 4 days and 6 packs of cheddar cheese 2 mozzarella shredded 2 fiesta taco cheese and a block of seriously sharp cheddar by cabot i think how u spell it last us 2-3 weeks on the cheese Yogurt dont even mintion it im still on a yogurt diet but about 2 big containers per week but lately have started eating frozen yogurt but forgot it at home.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Bez__
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Location: The far east corner of Ontario - cheap beer in Quebec - I can still speak English here!

Postby Bez__ » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:10 am

HDRider wrote:
branguscowgirl wrote:
HDRider wrote:My wife lost a gallon of milk in her car for about two weeks. I smelled it one day. "I thought I bought that milk." says she.

Does a whole gallon just roll under the seat out of site? :lol:

She had a Corilla station wagon with two baby seats and essential mom stuff. Quite a collection in the back of the car.

On a shopping trip a grocery bag tipped and the gallon of milk slid under her pile of essential mother's baby traveling paraphernalia. Hidden for over a week, in the summer, of a car.

Never burst. I could smell it, luckily stilled contained in the plastic jug.

Be happy it worked out - wife dumped 5 gallons of diesel into the back seat of her car.

Guess who drives it now?

That smell will never go away

Bez
0 x
Still have no idea what the meaning of life is.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:02 pm

Bez... I think the smell of diesel is better than the smell of tomcat that pizzed under the seat of my truck.. fabreeze don't do squat!

We eat mostly hard cheeses, Gruyere is our favorite
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:21 pm

When I was raising my four boys a gallon of milk was .99 seems like we went through 2 gallons a week.

I've tipped over a gas can full of gas in the back of a mini van. There's some eye burning fumes that will stay with you for a while.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:26 pm

Alan wrote: There's some eye burning fumes that will stay with you for a while.

a good high and headache from it will stay with you for a while too. :nod:
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:31 pm

HDRider wrote:
branguscowgirl wrote:
HDRider wrote:My wife lost a gallon of milk in her car for about two weeks. I smelled it one day. "I thought I bought that milk." says she.

Does a whole gallon just roll under the seat out of site? :lol:

She had a Corilla station wagon with two baby seats and essential mom stuff. Quite a collection in the back of the car.

On a shopping trip a grocery bag tipped and the gallon of milk slid under her pile of essential mother's baby traveling paraphernalia. Hidden for over a week, in the summer, of a car.

Never burst. I could smell it, luckily stilled contained in the plastic jug.

Yep, it could get lost in my car also! (Not under baby stuff though.!) I hate those darn shopping bags for that! (I blame them!) :D
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Nesi I am surprised that Mega doesn't have a 100 stray cats following her around! :lol:
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:32 pm

I better watch out for that bobcat!... That was when she had her first calf... she's got a little more "reserve capacity" now

And 5 years later, I still get the occasional whiff of tomcat in my truck... though I think I've nearly spilled enough coffee to mask it now
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:47 pm

Oh cat pizz in the car, (or anywhere for that matter) is the WORST!! Got it a few places in the house before the cat was banned. Ugh!!!
0 x

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Postby cow pollinater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:43 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Yes it is my wife told me to get a dairy cow as well cause its ridiculous how much milk I drink as well as how much $ it is so I guess I will be getting a jersey lol.

Take it from a jersey guy, get a goat. :mrgreen: Seriously, with all the garden scraps and tree prunings you have a goat can eat for free and still crank out the milk. A milk cow is great on the days when you feel like messing with a milk cow but a goat is still tolerable on the days when you don't have time to mess with a cow and the output is more manageable for a single family.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:48 am

CP, yes, that is true.. but with the amount he drinks, I'm wondering if they might not need 2 jerseys!... I like the fact that I can leave the milk in the cow until I need it, and get it when I want it... In the summertime I'm usually too busy to milk anyhow, and our fridge isn't big enough
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:17 am

cow pollinater wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Yes it is my wife told me to get a dairy cow as well cause its ridiculous how much milk I drink as well as how much $ it is so I guess I will be getting a jersey lol.

Take it from a jersey guy, get a goat. :mrgreen: Seriously, with all the garden scraps and tree prunings you have a goat can eat for free and still crank out the milk. A milk cow is great on the days when you feel like messing with a milk cow but a goat is still tolerable on the days when you don't have time to mess with a cow and the output is more manageable for a single family.

I don't think I ever had goats milk my daughter had to drink it as a baby maybe I will try some. Goats are hard to keep in though.

Nesikep wrote:CP, yes, that is true.. but with the amount he drinks, I'm wondering if they might not need 2 jerseys!... I like the fact that I can leave the milk in the cow until I need it, and get it when I want it... In the summertime I'm usually too busy to milk anyhow, and our fridge isn't big enough

Thats a thought there get a couple lol true no better storage then in a cow lol
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 am

skyhightree1 wrote:I don't think I ever had goats milk my daughter had to drink it as a baby maybe I will try some. Goats are hard to keep in though.

BS, proper fencing will hold them with no problems. Either electric or field fence will work. It just has to be tailored to goats instead of cows or horses.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Return to “Got Milk?”