Anyone ever used one of these?

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Anyone ever used one of these?

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:13 pm

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Re: Anyone ever used one of these?

Postby M5farm » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:48 pm

probably build one cheaper the pump look like a brake bleeder pump and the cup is a syringe
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:56 pm

M5farm wrote:probably build one cheaper the pump look like a brake bleeder pump and the cup is a syringe

You got that exactly right. I just wonder how well it works. but if it takes air out of a brake line it should be stout enough to take milk out an udder :lol2:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:01 pm

It should work but I don't know about the constant pressure. Maybe some milkers will chime in.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:09 pm

I would like to have a milker on hand for either a orphaned calf or to drink some fresh milk but 500 bucks for a milker I may use once a year I can't make that math add up.
0 x

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:16 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:I would like to have a milker on hand for either a orphaned calf or to drink some fresh milk but 500 bucks for a milker I may use once a year I can't make that math add up.

are your hands broke??
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:19 pm

M5farm wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:I would like to have a milker on hand for either a orphaned calf or to drink some fresh milk but 500 bucks for a milker I may use once a year I can't make that math add up.

are your hands broke??

:lol2: Good point and nope... I guess thats the cheapest most efficient way their is kept many a people in milk over the ages ;-)
0 x

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:30 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
M5farm wrote:

are your hands broke??

:lol2: Good point and nope... I guess thats the cheapest most efficient way their is kept many a people in milk over the ages ;-)

That's what I do if I want fresh milk.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:35 pm

I shall give it a try.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:http://www.danshafarms.com/Goat-Sheep-Cow-Milking-Machine-One-Quart-One-Teat-Cup-hp81qt.htm

Nope...and I don't trust a guy wearing spurs to know anything about milking goats.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Didn't see it mention a pulsator anywhere. Guess that would be Skyhigh pumping that bulb thingy.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:http://www.danshafarms.com/Goat-Sheep-Cow-Milking-Machine-One-Quart-One-Teat-Cup-hp81qt.htm

Nope...and I don't trust a guy wearing spurs to know anything about milking goats.

:lol2:

TexasBred wrote:Didn't see it mention a pulsator anywhere. Guess that would be Skyhigh pumping that bulb thingy.

skyhigh the pulsator
0 x

chippie
GURU
GURU

Postby chippie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:09 pm

I think that it would be easier to milk by hand.
It would take forever milking one teat at a time and squeezing the lever. Anyway, a milking machine does not suck the milk out of the teat with a vacuum.

http://www.milkqualitypays.com/tech-library/Milk_Quality_Materials/MQP_article_How-does-the-milking-machine-work.pdf

[youtube]xYZwV_lIwmU[/youtube]

I would not waste my money on it. If you are going to get a goat, You can milk it faster by hand than using that machine.
0 x
What is this hand basket and where are we going?

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks chippie no I was thinking of a dairy cow. I just wanted something convenient and lil work but looks like it will be either by hand or buy a milker lol it looked like that vacuum thing was doing pretty well.
0 x

Tim/South
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Tim/South » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:25 pm

I have an EZ Milker. It works well enough. I replaced the vacuum pump with one made for a vehicle. The vacuum line gets your hand away from a kicking foot.
It is quicker to milk by hand if the cow is broke to milk and the faucets are long enough. It is the ticket for those with short handles or for horses.
0 x
“You cannot get the water to clear up
Until you get the pigs out of the creek.”

Return to “Got Milk?”