Good girl Mega :)

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Good girl Mega :)

Postby Nesikep » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:08 am

Allforage, No, Mega's got enough there I can grab a handful and it works quickly, some of the nicer udders would be more problematic for me to milk though
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Well, staying with one milking a day now... getting about a gallon and a half each time, we've started making a couple soft cheeses, I finally won the battle with the walk in cooler, the compressor fried because a valve jammed and locked it..grrr... so I got a new (very old) compressor from a friend and had a lot of fiddling to do to make it work, in the end it's sitting nicely at 39F and seems to be behaving.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

inyati13
GURU
GURU

Postby inyati13 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:23 am

AllForage wrote:Nesi,

Do you milk her with your fingers? When we milked our jersey(s), my problem was big hands and small teats. I had to strip with my index and middle finger. Needless to say the cows preferred women to me.

Anyone else find small milking machine teats to be a problem with hand milking? I sure still prefer big ol teats (on a cow) :)

You sure made that clear. :lol:
0 x
A man's home is his Castle, A man's farm is his Kingdom. Prince Inyati.
Prince of Bright Raven Farm

Return to “Got Milk?”