Shooting Dogs

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Re: Shooting Dogs

Postby BRYANT » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 am

another dog shooting story from Fl. This nut job really did it good, shot two hounds with GPS tracking collars hid the collars and gun in his house and said he had nothing to do with it. Sheriff got search warrant, man goes to jail and looking like he is going to get a felony. The world has changed.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:59 am

BRYANT wrote:another dog shooting story from Fl. This nut job really did it good, shot two hounds with GPS tracking collars hid the collars and gun in his house and said he had nothing to do with it. Sheriff got search warrant, man goes to jail and looking like he is going to get a felony. The world has changed.

People are insane
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:53 am

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... 11-12.html
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... er9-2.html
This pretty much sums up all you need to know if you want to kill dogs legally on your property. I put "shooting dogs in Florida" in a Google search and haven't found the story, could you pass a link on please. I'm always interested in this dog issue. We've had a few good trouble free years now so it's probably only a matter of time .
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:22 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/dog-book/chapter11-12.html
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... er9-2.html
This pretty much sums up all you need to know if you want to kill dogs legally on your property. I put "shooting dogs in Florida" in a Google search and haven't found the story, could you pass a link on please. I'm always interested in this dog issue. We've had a few good trouble free years now so it's probably only a matter of time .
I am on several Squirrel hunting and Mountain Cur dog sites that is where I first got the info but I had a hard time verifying it seem no one wanted to say what state or county it was in and no one had a court docket number. I kept researching and found it by Googling ''man shoots 2 hunting dogs'' found it happened on Dec. 18. 2017 in Fl. the news story I read was on WFTV9 news page. It tells about what happened and the charges. I HAVE NOT SEEN the final trial release. Some of the squirrel hunting pages are reporting that they just had the trial and he received some felons out of it. Seems a little fast for it to be done in the courts ??? If you find any more info I would like to know about it also.
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:36 pm

I post these dog stories because it seems to interest some on here. I have and will shoot a dog for bothering my stuff BUT it sure looks more and more like you had better have proof now days. Just a few weeks back I had 3 Llamas killed by dogs, they were well taken care of probably pure bred dogs ,not hunting dogs, They are not a problem anymore but I sure was concern, even though I was perfectly in the right to dispose of them, With all the tracking devices and chips and all the other stuff that is out there now I just thought way it is now days the right person could still sue me and even if I beat them in court , which I think I could have, it still can cost a bunch of money and be a big problem
2 x

Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU

Postby Dogs and Cows » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am

I'm interested in these stories too Bryant. Its funny, we have stray dogs all over...and I see them in the pasture, around the farm house, in the driveway, etc. But they never mess with the cattle...(I know I should never say never). The cattle never get worked up by a dog in the pasture...be nice...my little beagle is more crazy playing with the calves than the strays. I know this could change...and if it does I will do what needs to be done. Now I just shoo them out of the pasture.

Tim
1 x

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:48 am

been thru the dog shooting thing many times..sheriff watched me do the last one in front of the owner when it was chasing my calfs
3 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 pm

I just saw a horrific picture on Facebook of a (formerly) beautiful heifer that was mauled by a neighbors Pitt. The owners primary concern was getting her heifer doctored and she should be okay with enough antibiotics & hopefully not end up blind, although will clearly have scars. Don't know the status on the Pitt, neighbors, etc but I believe she's filing a report with the Sheriff - I'm still following the story, she's providing updates periodically. IMO if that dog isn't euthanized it will be back. I've never shot a dog but if one attacked my cattle I wouldn't hesitate.
1 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Dogs are a lot like teenagers. When they’re by their self they don’t usually cause much of a problem. Get three or four together..... look out.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 pm

BRYANT wrote:I post these dog stories because it seems to interest some on here. I have and will shoot a dog for bothering my stuff BUT it sure looks more and more like you had better have proof now days. Just a few weeks back I had 3 Llamas killed by dogs, they were well taken care of probably pure bred dogs ,not hunting dogs, They are not a problem anymore but I sure was concern, even though I was perfectly in the right to dispose of them, With all the tracking devices and chips and all the other stuff that is out there now I just thought way it is now days the right person could still sue me and even if I beat them in court , which I think I could have, it still can cost a bunch of money and be a big problem

You know me and how I am about my hounds... The problems we have here are people move here from the city and don't realize dogs have roaming rights in my county and if a dog has a gps or tracking collar on him the animal control cant touch them. We have had several issues and home owners get the britches sued off of them and often do jail time and lose their jobs. Its a very fine line here and you better have all your ducks in a row you can still be sued and cost you a lot of money even if your right but the county will stand behind you in court if you are in the right. If you are wrong they will make your life miserable and you will wish you never seen a dog.
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:59 am

JMJ Farms wrote:Dogs are a lot like teenagers. When they’re by their self they don’t usually cause much of a problem. Get three or four together..... look out.

Yep..it becomes a big contest of some kind between them.

But I hear "Oh my dog would never do that" all the time. :bs:
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 am

My neighbours found a stray dog in their place , they have sheep and poultry free range. Anyhow they saw it before it did any damage and chased it out on the road, they then got in their car and followed it well back to see where it lived which was about 2 km away. They knocked on the door and informed the owner that it was harassing their sheep and if it returned it would be a dead dog. The owner swore black and blue it wasn't their dog, he had been in his yard the whole time, my neighbours said they had just followed it back to your place, that was an argument that was a bit hard to counter.

Ken
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:33 am

Now that there are electronic wireless and GPS containments, there is no reason anyone's dog should be loose..
I would have one in the city too, then your dog could dash out the front door and not disappear or dig under the fence...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 am

cowgirl8 wrote:Now that there are electronic wireless and GPS containments, there is no reason anyone's dog should be loose..
I would have one in the city too, then your dog could dash out the front door and not disappear or dig under the fence...

That would be responsible, a rare trait in today's world.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:42 am

The Fish and Wildlife has these big wild dogs that they are fond of. I would think that the same rule applies to domestic dogs. It is referred to as SSS. If a tracking collar is involved then relocation to a spot several miles away is recommended.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”