Finished

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Finished

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Got all the grandkids set up in their own stand. That makes 6 box stands.

1 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Finished

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Come to Georgia and I will PUT YOU UP while YOU PUT UP some new box stands for me. I will furnish the materials.
0 x
“It will end with a giant rainbow, passed from the lower bowels of a bipartisan unicorn that snorts pixie dust and expectorates Turkish delight!” - bball

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:54 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:Come to Georgia and I will PUT YOU UP while YOU PUT UP some new box stands for me. I will furnish the materials.

I truly appreciate the invite I am about sick of deer stands. I have got to where I was building them in the yard and transporting them on pallet forks.
My granddaughter that loves to hunt so much wanted a blue one. She is in Michigan for the summer so Paw Paw got her set up for season.
2 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Nice. Wish I could get hay done beause I have to get something like that ready for this season. I’ve spent most of my life bow hunting, now that my oldest is able to gun hunt I realize how poorly I’m set up for it.
0 x

Carpenter2n
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Carpenter2n » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 pm

why do you call it hunting?
0 x
I started out an expert then spent the rest of my life learning all the things I didn't know....

Breathing is highly underrated!

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 am

Carpenter2n wrote:why do you call it hunting?

What is the difference in sitting here the side of a tree like a buzzard or in a box dry.

0 x

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Awesome job CB! Your have lucky grandkids.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:44 pm

CB were you drunk when you measured and cut those braces on #1?? ;-)
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:37 pm

TexasBred wrote:CB were you drunk when you measured and cut those braces on #1?? ;-)

No very hot actually way too hot for an old man.
I have got to go back and straightened that out. I was just trying to get them up at the time. I was out of 2x4’s and grabbed some 1X stuff I had laying around.
Had the Mrs. working the tractor and she had enough.
1 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:CB were you drunk when you measured and cut those braces on #1?? ;-)

I have got to go back and straightened that out. I was just trying to get them up at the time. I was out of 2x4’s and grabbed some 1X stuff I had laying around.

:lol: I saw that too but wasn't going to say anything....you know when you leave an obvious flaw it can hide a lot of minor imperfections. :nod:
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 pm

1982vett wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

:lol: I saw that too but wasn't going to say anything....you know when you leave an obvious flaw it can hide a lot of minor imperfections. :nod:

:nod: Built a real nice “pole barn/shop combo” for a friend of mine several years ago. It had 45* corner braces on each post going up to the band. I purposely cut one about 12” too long and screwed it in place and left for the day. He spotted it immediately and called me. I acted shocked and told him we’d fix it. He never found another flaw :lol2:
1 x
“It will end with a giant rainbow, passed from the lower bowels of a bipartisan unicorn that snorts pixie dust and expectorates Turkish delight!” - bball

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:58 pm

1982vett wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Mine would have looked much worse than that even if I'd done it stone cold sober.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:13 am

TexasBred wrote:
1982vett wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Mine would have looked much worse than that even if I'd done it stone cold sober.

Well TB here is my Hickspanics granddaughter’s stand and shooting lane. Just finished mowing it.
Girl is deadly with a 223.

0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:25 am

Looks good . No excuses for not getting a deer there unless she just gets too comfortable and goes to sleep. lolol
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Carpenter2n wrote:why do you call it hunting?

Mostly because I don't like getting that call to go find a gut shot deer the city boys were chasing. Stand hunting is one shot, no waste.

CB mine are steel. 20 foot legs. I lay them up in the dump trailer with the box hanging out the top and use the hydraulics to get them up about 60%. Then they pull right on up easily. You need a back tie in case someone pulls too hard.

I drive T posts deep at the bases so that the wind doesn't topple them. So far I have been lucky.

Carpeted floor and walls holds down noise. Remnants work perfect.
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”