2016-2017 Hunting Season

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: 2016-2017 Hunting Season

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:09 pm

TexasBred wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Good luck... I am taking a few days off to rest.

Man you get the big ones don't you. That deer ain't much bigger than the dog. :lol: :lol:

Can't get on him for that there was a day when I would put a whole deer in my squirrel vest.
Eat the whole thing that night in camp with gravy and biscuits
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Good luck... I am taking a few days off to rest.

Man you get the big ones don't you. That deer ain't much bigger than the dog. :lol: :lol:

Can't get on him for that there was a day when I would put a whole deer in my squirrel vest.
Eat the whole thing that night in camp with gravy and biscuits

cb all jokes aside that inner loin I pulled it out I didn't have to cut it out ...So tender :mrgreen:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:32 am

Yep im still hunting ... smaller game and more difficult to hit

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BRYANT » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 pm

sky
you have deer dogs , rabbit dogs ,coon dogs so how many dogs do you have ? I would have to get another job to feed them the price of feed now days
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:59 pm

BRYANT wrote:sky
you have deer dogs , rabbit dogs ,coon dogs so how many dogs do you have ? I would have to get another job to feed them the price of feed now days

Bryant I got out of rabbit dogs year before last. I didn't have the time I needed for them. I just have deer and coon dogs now 34 dogs of mine 4 family dogs... Let's just say feed bill is a nice truck payment a month lol those are my friends dogs all he has are some rabbit dogs.
0 x

BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BRYANT » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:48 am

skyhightree1 wrote: I just have deer and coon dogs now 34 dogs of mine 4 family dogs... Let's just say feed bill is a nice truck payment a month lol

Back when I ran hounds I had a friend the owned a feed mill that made a lot of custom mixes for livestock. One day I was talking with him and we came up with a mix for dogs I remember it had soybean meal with oil in and some corn meal but the main thing was meat and bone meal also all kinds of vitamins and min. We would mix a little water in it and they loved it and looked good on it and it was cheap to feed. I don't even know if you can buy meat / bone meal now
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 am

BRYANT wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote: I just have deer and coon dogs now 34 dogs of mine 4 family dogs... Let's just say feed bill is a nice truck payment a month lol

Back when I ran hounds I had a friend the owned a feed mill that made a lot of custom mixes for livestock. One day I was talking with him and we came up with a mix for dogs I remember it had soybean meal with oil in and some corn meal but the main thing was meat and bone meal also all kinds of vitamins and min. We would mix a little water in it and they loved it and looked good on it and it was cheap to feed. I don't even know if you can buy meat / bone meal now

I have discovered by way of my kids the dogs love bread so they get some every day with there regular dog food as a treat. :lol:
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:59 am

Sky a couple of those guys need to do more running and less eating. Look to be a bit over conditioned. aka FAT. ;-)
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:14 am

TexasBred wrote:Sky a couple of those guys need to do more running and less eating. Look to be a bit over conditioned. aka FAT. ;-)

I agree :D They are getting there exercise on daily :lol2: now
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”