TB

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

TB

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:40 am

I might be stuck it is nasty this morning
42 drizzling rain wind blowing.
If I run out of propane I am stuck with a long wet walk to the mule of about 3/4 mile. This rain needs to move on.


Image
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28061
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: TB

Postby TexasBred » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Holy crap....it's cold as a well diggers azz out here too but I'm not huntin' . Temp is only about 35 but wind blowing like a storm. Got about a 2 minute shower right at daylight this mornign but nothing sense. Propane?????? Whatever happened to sitting on a couple of boards nailed across a couple of limbs?? Gettin' soft CB.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: TB

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:31 pm

No not as mad at them as I used to be.
Got lot better clothes as well those old JC Penny Big Mac jackets with bread sacks over your socks in a pair of holy brogans doesn't cut it any more.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28061
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: TB

Postby TexasBred » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:No not as mad at them as I used to be.
Got lot better clothes as well those old JC Penny Big Mac jackets with bread sacks over your socks in a pair of holy brogans doesn't cut it any more.

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17638
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: TB

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:11 am

Yall cry babies come get some of this 15 -17 degree weather here and sit on a ladder stand with no heat or outside waiting for dogs.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: TB

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:49 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Yall cry babies come get some of this 15 -17 degree weather here and sit on a ladder stand with no heat or outside waiting for dogs.

Wisdom comes with age along with
Arthritis
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17638
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: TB

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:52 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Yall cry babies come get some of this 15 -17 degree weather here and sit on a ladder stand with no heat or outside waiting for dogs.

Wisdom comes with age along with
Arthritis


:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: I have a shooting house with heat myself and didn't get out the truck till I heard the dogs coming my way :mrgreen:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Alan
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 11:54 am
Location: NW Oregon

Re: TB

Postby Alan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:13 am

In western Oregon we call that type of weather........November, December, January and February :hide: :lol:
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28061
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: TB

Postby TexasBred » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:22 am

skyhightree1 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Yall cry babies come get some of this 15 -17 degree weather here and sit on a ladder stand with no heat or outside waiting for dogs.

Wisdom comes with age along with
Arthritis


:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: I have a shooting house with heat myself and didn't get out the truck till I heard the dogs coming my way :mrgreen:

Now that is a real hunter. Heated shooting house, dogs to do all the work. Surprised you dn't have the wife there to pull the trigger. Bet you give her a call when you got one needs guttin'. :hide:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17638
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: TB

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:31 am

TexasBred wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Wisdom comes with age along with
Arthritis


:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: I have a shooting house with heat myself and didn't get out the truck till I heard the dogs coming my way :mrgreen:

Now that is a real hunter. Heated shooting house, dogs to do all the work. Surprised you dn't have the wife there to pull the trigger. Bet you give her a call when you got one needs guttin'. :hide:


:shock: Don't judge me :lol:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: TB

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:35 am

16 gauge is ready


Image
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3150
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: TB

Postby callmefence » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:51 am

Y'all went quite for a few days. Worried tb went for the rescue and you both were stranded and outta propane.
It eased my mind to know you had each other for warmth.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6141
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Klickitat County Washington

Re: TB

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:56 am

Alan wrote:In western Oregon we call that type of weather........November, December, January and February :hide: :lol:


Yep, only 42 with a drizzling rain. We call that a nice day to be out taking a walk through the woods. No such thing as a heated shooting house here.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3150
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: TB

Postby callmefence » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Dave wrote:
Alan wrote:In western Oregon we call that type of weather........November, December, January and February :hide: :lol:


Yep, only 42 with a drizzling rain. We call that a nice day to be out taking a walk through the woods. No such thing as a heated shooting house here.


Hmmm. No heated stands and folks are out wandering round in the rain... kinda says it all.
;-)
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 21089
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas

Re: TB

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:49 pm

callmefence wrote:
Dave wrote:
Alan wrote:In western Oregon we call that type of weather........November, December, January and February :hide: :lol:


Yep, only 42 with a drizzling rain. We call that a nice day to be out taking a walk through the woods. No such thing as a heated shooting house here.


Hmmm. No heated stands and folks are out wandering round in the rain... kinda says it all.
;-)


In Texas we call that BSC in this neck of the woods.
Sitting here like a buzzard seen doe with two yearlings and pencil horn 4 point
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests