Shooting Dogs

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

Shooting Dogs

Postby BRYANT » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:05 pm

I as wondering if anyone has followed this story about a SO CALLED HUNTER who shot a mans dogs to have something to shoot. Sounds as if he has gotten him self into some hot water. I first found the story on the NHTDA Facebook page { National Hound and Tree Dog Association } he is from Belmont County Ohio named Mike Chedester from what I am reading looks like he may have 2 felonies and even serve some time. I have to say that's not as bad as two men I know of that shot a mans hound and the hunter went back and killed the men.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Re: Shooting Dogs

Postby slick4591 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm not familiar with your story, but that kind of crap is going on close to me now. Someone shot two dobermans on their owner's property and two weeks later a potbelly sow and her entire litter while they were behind a hog wire property fence just down the road from the dog attack. Needless to say the person(s) responsible will have a major a$$ kicking if they are found before the law does.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:29 pm

I have actually followed the story. He shot the dogs, for zero reason.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 pm

I'm not familiar with the story either. I did catch he shot them from his deer stand.
Was he trespassing as well?
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BRYANT » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Google his name and you can find all the info.
Took there collars off for trophies, sick so called hunters like this makes it bad for true hunters. hope they make and example out of him and I think they will. One thing for sure he did not know what SSS means instead got on Facebook bragging about what he had did.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:51 pm

In his case I think SSS means Simple Stupid Schitt
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:02 pm

That's as sorry as it gets.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:15 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:That's as sorry as it gets.

Why? If the dogs were walked on a leash they'd still be alive. Do you let your dog's run wild? A lot of this story makes no sense to me, and the news is liberal and distorts the facts. Sure glad I'm not in Mike's shoe's though.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:That's as sorry as it gets.

Why? If the dogs were walked on a leash they'd still be alive. Do you let your dog's run wild? A lot of this story makes no sense to me, and the news is liberal and distorts the facts. Sure glad I'm not in Mike's shoe's though.

Because I f'ing said so that's why.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 pm

I'd would like to hear the other side of the story as well. The news reports don't mention who's property this happens on.
Of course you can always believe in the media.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Atimm693
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Atimm693 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:49 pm

I really dont approve of hunters that turn their dogs loose and let them go wherever. But, I understand that things happen, and dogs don't have a GPS. Had a lot of strays and neighbor dogs that show up and make a mess of our chickens or chase cows. Can't be mad at the dogs, feel really bad about shooting them, but you gotta protect what's yours.

What really irritates me is when someone dumps them off in the area. People get a puppy, lose interest when it grows up or move and can't take it with them, then drop them off out here and make it our problem

No sympathy for someone that shoots them just because. But, I'd also like to hear the other side of the story. The articles are pretty bleeding heart if you ask me.

Most states have a law that prohibits shooting dogs just because they're on your property.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Atimm693 wrote:I really dont approve of hunters that turn their dogs loose and let them go wherever. But, I understand that things happen, and dogs don't have a GPS. Had a lot of strays and neighbor dogs that show up and make a mess of our chickens or chase cows. Can't be mad at the dogs, feel really bad about shooting them, but you gotta protect what's yours.

What really irritates me is when someone dumps them off in the area. People get a puppy, lose interest when it grows up or move and can't take it with them, then drop them off out here and make it our problem

No sympathy for someone that shoots them just because. But, I'd also like to hear the other side of the story. The articles are pretty bleeding heart if you ask me.

Most states have a law that prohibits shooting dogs just because they're on your property.

Dog running loose in this part of the world is considered a target.
Surrounded by thousands of acres of hunting lease and neighbors that won't tolerate a problem. If you value your canine it better be on your place or with you.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:09 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Atimm693 wrote:I really dont approve of hunters that turn their dogs loose and let them go wherever. But, I understand that things happen, and dogs don't have a GPS. Had a lot of strays and neighbor dogs that show up and make a mess of our chickens or chase cows. Can't be mad at the dogs, feel really bad about shooting them, but you gotta protect what's yours.

Dog running loose in this part of the world is considered a target.
Surrounded by thousands of acres of hunting lease and neighbors that won't tolerate a problem. If you value your canine it better be on your place or with you.

Yes it is widely understood around here if your dog strays off your place then it might not come home.

Ken
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:22 am

I think there's a big difference between a property owner shooting a dog that's on HIS property, and a hunter shooting a dog anywhere else.

a month ago 3 dogs came here and ate 2 of our chickens.. only one dog left, and he wouldn't have had I been quicker.. They're in a hole, with the chickens.. if anyone ever goes digging for proof :P
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 am

We live at the edge of town so we get a few dogs thru here. I try to run them off unless they are messing with the chickens or cows. On Thanksgiving night last year I proved to all my neighbors that my chickens were more important to me than their free ranging pet dogs. Crazy thing, but the county commissioners passed a leash law years ago but failed to attach sanctions to it.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”