Thermal image scopes?

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: Thermal image scopes?

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Brute out of the lights they seem to have more trouble with green than red or white. Never seen a yote stand for a white light another problem white won't shine a hogs eyes either.
Red or green led Cree will shine them red.
No matter the light color on hogs you can fool his sight and hearing but not his nose ever. I have ladder stands strategically placed for wind direction.
Bad part here suppressed or not they are one shot wonders they will run from the action cycling. Might be different if you didn't have to get so close and personal with them.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:40 pm

For sure. You always have to play the wind no matter what you use or how much you spend. :D

You are correct. Hogs will run if one hog falls no matter if you make a sound or not. What the suppressor does is keeps from spooking the next hogs coming that are 200+ yards out. I have sat and shot 3 big boar hogs less than 30 min apart from one hog to the next. They were laying in a row 30-40 yds apart. I've had a hog come in from the left, shot it, its laying there and less than 10min later a pack come in from the right. That's what the suppressor does for you IMO. It has the same effect with coyotes.

I enjoy sitting with the NV. Its interesting to me to see how animals act when they feel safe in the cover of the night. Ive watched hogs, coyotes, deer ect all for extended periods of time. Its neat, and worth it to me.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Leopold has a new hand held thermal unit for around $800. I may go with a night vision scope and the handheld.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”