Is this an assault rifle, my xmas to myself

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Is this an assault rifle, my xmas to myself

Postby Nesikep » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:07 am

A sawn-off shotgun may be a better choice then :P
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:38 am

has it assaulted anyone yet?
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:49 am

Looks pretty scary to me.
0 x

ClinchValley
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ClinchValley » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:06 am

I have always wanted one. Thought of trading an AR for one if the right trade presented itself. That and an AR10 need to call my place home.

And yeah, its an assault rifle according to the crazies. They only approve of bolt actions or single shots.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 am

Alan wrote:Bought this for myself a few days ago, not really a Xmas present to myself just a rifle I have wanted for a while.

Would this be considered an assault rifle?

How about now?

If it is we both own one I love mine for hunting . I have some of the ten through thirty round mags really don't like the balance. Most of the time mine had the five rounds in it and a spare in my pockets
I put a zero power Vortex on mine sure helps old eyes and works great in this thicket.

0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:15 pm

I had one in my coyote killing days. I liked it a lot. I just used the 5 shot magazines. Take that little instant of more time to make the first shot work. I did know a guy from Montana who used one calling coyotes. He said if he missed the first it was fun seeing how many gears the coyote could grab while the next 29 were coming his way.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Dave wrote:I had one in my coyote killing days. I liked it a lot. I just used the 5 shot magazines. Take that little instant of more time to make the first shot work. I did know a guy from Montana who used one calling coyotes. He said if he missed thqe first it was fun seeing how many gears the coyote could grab while the next 29 were coming his way.

Now that's a funny thought. Very true that the more u shoot the faster they get.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:54 am

Dave wrote:I had one in my coyote killing days. I liked it a lot. I just used the 5 shot magazines. Take that little instant of more time to make the first shot work. I did know a guy from Montana who used one calling coyotes. He said if he missed the first it was fun seeing how many gears the coyote could grab while the next 29 were coming his way.

:lol: that sounds like something I would do!
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

papavillars
Rancher
Rancher

Postby papavillars » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Ai use my mini 30 more than my mini 14. That way ammo fits both of my sks and ak. Neither one is terribly accurate, but a blast to shoot. Have killed several deer and hogs with it.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:00 pm

papavillars wrote:Ai use my mini 30 more than my mini 14. That way ammo fits both of my sks and ak. Neither one is terribly accurate, but a blast to shoot. Have killed several deer and hogs with it.

I have a Mini 30 tactical on my toy list. I'm not a .223 fan.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

papavillars
Rancher
Rancher

Postby papavillars » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:41 pm

I still have over 20,000 rounds of norinco steel case in cans. When aft first declared it ammo piercing, I had just received a shipment of 50,000+ rounds. I got the shipment in on Thursday and that Saturday they were at my store telling me I could not resell it.they gave me a couple choices, sell it to a police force, an armory, or keep it and self use it. So I kept it, then they declared it ok to sell. I bought it so cheap decided I will just blast away.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:36 pm

CB.. What's a 0 power scope like? I'd imagine you meant 1x?
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Ouachita
GURU
GURU

Postby Ouachita » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Alan wrote:Bought this for myself a few days ago, not really a Xmas present to myself just a rifle I have wanted for a while.

Would this be considered an assault rifle?

How about now?

Definately not! I've always treasured my Mini 14 as a "truck" gun. It's an early model, all wood stock/forearm, no scope mount provision. With the OEM 5 round mag, it carries nicely and doesn't draw attention. That's why I've always been partial it. I personally never had a desire to own an AR type platform, but my oldest son just built me one chambered in 300 Blackout. All I can say is.......I don't know why it took me so long, I love it.
0 x
If a really diligent man puts all of his energy into the exclusive effort, a molehill can be made into a mountain

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Nesikep wrote:CB.. What's a 0 power scope like? I'd imagine you meant 1x?

It is no magnification I can't find the peep and front sight with or without glasses. All my back sights are to close now for some reason. I can find those crosshairs just fine in that scope and work on pigs in this thicket.
Magnified scope on something busting through this thicket doesn't work well.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:33 am

No magnification is 1x :)
I have the same problem with open sights, the back site is about 2" too close for me to focus on.. On one of my old cooey .22's I turned it around backward and surprisingly that worked out pretty good.. all it's for is for shooting pack rats though
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”