Alabama and Clemson

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Alabama and Clemson

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 am

TN Cattle Man wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Alabama is favored by 7
Clemson shocked me... let alone Ohio State crushing them 31-0
Could be a whale of a game.

P.S.
IF Penn State wins the Rose Bowl tomorrow... there will be bxtchin all winter long about not getting a playoff spot
after they won the Big 10 title and the committee chose the Big 10 runner up Ohio State instead of them.
Penn State is a 7 point underdog vs USC tomorrow and they have not gotten any respect all season long.

Upset of the decade.....Clemson wins. :nod: :nod:

You willing to back up that statement with a little wager TB? :tiphat:

Not much of a gambler but I'll bet you a Tee-Shirt from a school of my choice (I'm gonna win). :lol2: :lol2: :hide:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:44 am

Son of Butch wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Alabama is favored by 7

Upset of the decade.....Clemson wins. :nod: :nod:

Coinciding with TB's announced backing of Clemson, Vegas has moved the line... Alabama is now favored by 7.5
1/2 point move [either direction] off of either 3 or 7 is truly a huge movement
I didn't realize TB had that much power to move a betting line as a negative indicator! :)

I'll bite on that 1/2 point
Alabama 30
Clemson 23

Butch I don't know squat about "betting". Just was really impressed by Clemson. Alabama looked good as well but was just really impressed with Clemson.....and we still don't know how the freshman QB will stand up under real pressure and Clemson has a proven commodity in their QB. That might be the one big advantage they have.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:53 am

all the faldarah about Lane Kiffen may have some impact as well....
a new offensive coordinator in the week before the title game could be a bump in the road.
Clemson still recalls last year and is wanting this in a big way....
i don't think it would be a big upset....
I am going to try to watch this one all the way through.
better than an NFL game today.
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 pm

pdfangus wrote:all the faldarah about Lane Kiffen may have some impact as well....
a new offensive coordinator in the week before the title game could be a bump in the road.
Clemson still recalls last year and is wanting this in a big way....
i don't think it would be a big upset....
I am going to try to watch this one all the way through.
better than an NFL game today.

I'd rather watch Slippery Rock vs Seton Hall than an NFL game. :nod:
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:47 pm

I realize the sites where these games are played are set up years in advance but did you notice the lopsided crowd at the Alabama Washington game. They said there were 75,000 people in the stands. My guess is 70,000 from Alabama and 5,000 from Washington. It was like a home game for Alabama. I don't think it affected the final outcome of the game. Alabama has a great defense. The same could be said for the USC/Penn State game but the Rose Bowl always has a Pac12 team playing. Which means there are pretty good odds of one of those teams being from California. National championship games should be at a very neutral site. Just my opinion, and again I don't think it affected the outcome of this game.
0 x

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Dave wrote:I realize the sites where these games are played are set up years in advance but did you notice the lopsided crowd at the Alabama Washington game. They said there were 75,000 people in the stands. My guess is 70,000 from Alabama and 5,000 from Washington. It was like a home game for Alabama. I don't think it affected the final outcome of the game. Alabama has a great defense. The same could be said for the USC/Penn State game but the Rose Bowl always has a Pac12 team playing. Which means there are pretty good odds of one of those teams being from California. National championship games should be at a very neutral site. Just my opinion, and again I don't think it affected the outcome of this game.

GENERALLY i agree but with bama anywhere from west texas to wilmington north carolina could be considered a home game....it is all SEC territory...and they are another one of the schools that "travels Well".
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:39 pm

pdfangus wrote:
Dave wrote:I realize the sites where these games are played are set up years in advance but did you notice the lopsided crowd at the Alabama Washington game. They said there were 75,000 people in the stands. My guess is 70,000 from Alabama and 5,000 from Washington. It was like a home game for Alabama. I don't think it affected the final outcome of the game. Alabama has a great defense. The same could be said for the USC/Penn State game but the Rose Bowl always has a Pac12 team playing. Which means there are pretty good odds of one of those teams being from California. National championship games should be at a very neutral site. Just my opinion, and again I don't think it affected the outcome of this game.

GENERALLY i agree but with bama anywhere from west texas to wilmington north carolina could be considered a home game....it is all SEC territory...and they are another one of the schools that "travels Well".

Yup, like Kentucky basketball, you can't go far enough to get away from that bunch.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:58 pm

I especially noticed it at the Rose Bowl. Looked like about 25% Penn State fans but that's a long way for them to travel. Been a long time since I played football but I honestly never noticed or even heard the crowd. It was like you were in another world or zone. Of course there were only about 3000 people in the entire stadium. :lol2:
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:40 pm

TexasBred wrote:I especially noticed it at the Rose Bowl. Looked like about 25% Penn State fans but that's a long way for them to travel. Been a long time since I played football but I honestly never noticed or even heard the crowd. It was like you were in another world or zone. Of course there were only about 3000 people in the entire stadium. :lol2:

I have had both friends and relatives play in the Rose Bowl and relatives who went to the game to watch. The ones watching the games universally said that they were surrounded by people from Southern California even though there wasn't a California team playing. But if a California team is playing you can bet on who all those people are cheering for.
I never did play in a big football game. But I did ride in some big rodeos. The one and only time I noticed the crowd, I promptly fell off on my head. To be at that level you sort of need the ability to focus.
As I said I don't think it affected the final outcome of the game. Alabama is the real deal. Especially the defense side of the ball. I thought Washington did good against them. Certainly a better showing than Ohio did against Clemson. But the Clemson/Ohio game was a much better "neutral site".
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Dave wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I especially noticed it at the Rose Bowl. Looked like about 25% Penn State fans but that's a long way for them to travel. Been a long time since I played football but I honestly never noticed or even heard the crowd. It was like you were in another world or zone. Of course there were only about 3000 people in the entire stadium. :lol2:

I have had both friends and relatives play in the Rose Bowl and relatives who went to the game to watch. The ones watching the games universally said that they were surrounded by people from Southern California even though there wasn't a California team playing. But if a California team is playing you can bet on who all those people are cheering for.
I never did play in a big football game. But I did ride in some big rodeos. The one and only time I noticed the crowd, I promptly fell off on my head. To be at that level you sort of need the ability to focus.
As I said I don't think it affected the final outcome of the game. Alabama is the real deal. Especially the defense side of the ball. I thought Washington did good against them. Certainly a better showing than Ohio did against Clemson. But the Clemson/Ohio game was a much better "neutral site".

All very true.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Kiffen leaving Alabama apparently brought the line back to 7
$100 on Alabama to win pays back 139
$100 on Clemson to win pays back 323
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:48 am

Son of Butch wrote:Kiffen leaving Alabama apparently brought the line back to 7
$100 on Alabama to win pays back 139
$100 on Clemson to win pays back 323

Dang Butch...are you a bookie or just a gambler?? ;-)
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:12 am

I assure you we heard the crowd when we played at A&M, Texas, or Arkansas and more often than not when we heard them when we played those same teams at our place, lol! They all travel very well.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:40 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

I assure you we heard the crowd when we played at A&M, Texas, or Arkansas and more often than not when we heard them when we played those same teams at our place, lol! They all travel very well.

Very true.....were any of the games actual sellouts this year??
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:20 pm

TexasBred wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Very true.....were any of the games actual sellouts this year??

No idea.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”