Green Bay at Dallas Cowboys 34-31

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
warped04
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Green Bay at Dallas Cowboys 34-31

Postby warped04 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:11 am

haase wrote:refs did everything to help them, 5 yards on a 15 yard penalty, receiver comes back with his jersey ripped off, no call. :roll:

They were bad calls / no calls on both teams. The zebras were not good.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am

Rough weekend for the home teams
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Commercialfarmer
GURU
GURU

Postby Commercialfarmer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Nothing finer than watching Dallas loose.

I like watching Jerry lose. It's must see TV when. Even better with Romo.

But I like that Prescott kid. I like watching him play in college. Wish there was some way for him to have success without Jones.
0 x
X

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:30 am

Commercialfarmer wrote:

I like watching Jerry lose. It's must see TV when. Even better with Romo.

But I like that Prescott kid. I like watching him play in college. Wish there was some way for him to have success without Jones.

Just the thought of Dallas playing at Reliant Field was revolting and sickening at the same time.
The thought of them not is pure elation
I am pulling for the Steelers and Falcons now.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:48 am

Caustic Burno wrote:I am pulling for the Steelers and Falcons now.

Matty ICE... because he's always Ice Cold whenever you need him.
This may be the year he shakes the label of being a choker in big games... I'm pulling for him too.

Arron Rodgers, his father confirmed Aaron hasn't spoken to his family since Christmas 2014 and they don't even have his cell phone number... saying fame changes people. Didn't attend his grandfather's funeral ect, reports from childhood friends and a former team mate or 2 that he's an arrogant s.o.b.
Last edited by Son of Butch on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:51 am

Son of Butch wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:I am pulling for the Steelers and Falcons now.

Matty ICE... because he's always Ice Cold whenever you need him.
This may be the year he shakes the label of being a choker in big games... I'm pulling for him too.

Arron Rodgers, his father confirmed Aaron hasn't spoken to his family since Christmas 2014 and they don't even have his cell phone number... saying fame changes people. Didn't attend his grandfather's funeral ect, reports from childhood friends and others that he's an arrogant s.o.b.

Remember there are always 3 sides to everything. His side, the other side and the truth
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am

Actually seeing Houston lose the day before was finer. :nod: But it was a good game, the Cowboys had one heck of a season and a great future.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:33 am

TexasBred wrote:

Actually seeing Houston lose the day before was finer. :nod: But it was a good game, the Cowboys had one heck of a season and a great future.

Dallas is a team for the future. Houston, well, they're still Houston.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:41 pm

TexasBred wrote:

Houston went just as far as the Cowboys anyway you cut it they both lost division playoffs.
They are both sitting at the house like Cleveland.
Nothing new with either team choke come playoffs
The only thing worse than the cowboys is their fans you would think they owned the team and were standing on the sidelines for worship service
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Houston went just as far as the Cowboys anyway you cut it they both lost division playoffs.
The only thing worse than the cowboys is their fans you would think they owned the team and were standing on the sidelines for worship service

Nothing wrong with that. People do it all over the country for their favorite team. They know they don't own it. They just love the Cowboys just as Green Bay loves the Packers.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:13 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Actually seeing Houston lose the day before was finer. :nod: But it was a good game, the Cowboys had one heck of a season and a great future.

Nothing wrong with that. People do it all over the country for their favorite team. They know they don't own it. They just love the Cowboys just as Green Bay loves the Packers.

The difference with Green Bay, is that the Fans DO own the team. Its part of the reason that many people up here who aren't avid football fans, like myself, still love THEIR Packers.
0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:45 am

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Houston went just as far as the Cowboys anyway you cut it they both lost division playoffs.

The difference with Green Bay, is that the Fans DO own the team. Its part of the reason that many people up here who aren't avid football fans, like myself, still love THEIR Packers.

Not necessarily. Today, 360,760 people (representing 5,011,558 shares) are owners of the iconic franchise. That's more than 3 times the population of Green Bay.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:20 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Not necessarily. Today, 360,760 people (representing 5,011,558 shares) are owners of the iconic franchise.
That's more than 3 times the population of Green Bay.

I'm pretty sure there are more Packer fans living outside of Green Bay than in Green Bay.
Among Packer fans it's considered a badge of honor to own shares and I think it's a pretty neat idea.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:

Not necessarily. Today, 360,760 people (representing 5,011,558 shares) are owners of the iconic franchise.

I'm pretty sure there are more Packer fans living outside of Green Bay than in Green Bay.
Among Packer fans it's considered a badge of honor to own shares and I think it's a pretty neat idea.

Not saying it isn't. Just saying ownership is not limited to fans and many just buy it to say they own it since it pays no dividends and has no benefits other than pride of ownership and every time they need more money they just issue more stock....but that's the American way....just print more money.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:13 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Not necessarily. Today, 360,760 people (representing 5,011,558 shares) are owners of the iconic franchise.

Not saying it isn't. Just saying ownership is not limited to fans and many just buy it to say they own it since it pays no dividends and has no benefits other than pride of ownership and every time they need more money they just issue more stock....but that's the American way....just print more money.

You are right! It is a huge matter of pride for people, and I'm sure you are correct that people outside of GB have shares...that would make sense. If, however, it is just a honor, and not something that generates revenue, why do these people outside of GB have shares??? Because they are fans. I'm not in GB, but would love to have shares. What does geography have to do with it????
0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”