Green Bay at Dallas Cowboys 34-31

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
haase
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Green Bay at Dallas Cowboys 34-31

Postby haase » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Boot Jack, you are right, it has more to do with pride and also tradition, with over 100,000 names on the waiting list, which they say is about 30 years to get season tickets, no other team can come close to that, also with one of the oldest stadiums in the NFL they didn't have to print a whole lot of money since 1957 to do some of the improvements that they have done since then, the only older stadium older is soldier field, but that has been totally renovated.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 am

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:I'm pretty sure there are more Packer fans living outside of Green Bay than in Green Bay.
Among Packer fans it's considered a badge of honor to own shares and I think it's a pretty neat idea.

Not saying it isn't. Just saying ownership is not limited to fans and many just buy it to say they own it since it pays no dividends and has no benefits other than pride of ownership and every time they need more money they just issue more stock....but that's the American way....just print more money.

You are right! It is a huge matter of pride for people, and I'm sure you are correct that people outside of GB have shares...that would make sense. If, however, it is just a honor, and not something that generates revenue, why do these people outside of GB have shares??? Because they are fans. I'm not in GB, but would love to have shares. What does geography have to do with it????

Yep...as I said just pride of ownership. Geography has nothing to do with it other than not all the shareholders live in Green Bay...nothing more, nothing less.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 am

haase wrote:Boot Jack, you are right, it has more to do with pride and also tradition, with over 100,000 names on the waiting list, which they say is about 30 years to get season tickets, no other team can come close to that, also with one of the oldest stadiums in the NFL they didn't have to print a whole lot of money since 1957 to do some of the improvements that they have done since then, the only older stadium older is soldier field, but that has been totally renovated.

haase what would they do if they DID have to build a new stadium for whatever reason. Issue more stock?? Borrow from banks, etc......just curious.
0 x

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Guess TB you would have to ask the board of directors when ever they decide to build a new stadium how their going to go about it, I'm not really to concerned about and really don't see it coming anytime soon, my only comment about money was that in the time that the stadium has been there, green bay has not spent a whole lot of it, but who knows maybe some day they will want to put up one of them big 40 million dollar big screens and have to sell more stocks.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:06 pm

haase wrote:Guess TB you would have to ask the board of directors when ever they decide to build a new stadium how their going to go about it, I'm not really to concerned about and really don't see it coming anytime soon, my only comment about money was that in the time that the stadium has been there, green bay has not spent a whole lot of it, but who knows maybe some day they will want to put up one of them big 40 million dollar big screens and have to sell more stocks.

You would think it would at least be considered. Demand for tickets far exceeds availability. Stadium is getting old and upkeep and additions will soon be more expensive than any benefits received.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 pm

TexasBred wrote:
haase wrote:Guess TB you would have to ask the board of directors when ever they decide to build a new stadium how their going to go about it, I'm not really to concerned about and really don't see it coming anytime soon, my only comment about money was that in the time that the stadium has been there, green bay has not spent a whole lot of it, but who knows maybe some day they will want to put up one of them big 40 million dollar big screens and have to sell more stocks.

You would think it would at least be considered. Demand for tickets far exceeds availability. Stadium is getting old and upkeep and additions will soon be more expensive than any benefits received.

I think it will be a sad day if they ever decide to replace the stadium. Having said that, I don't think that time is coming any time soon. Demand vs availability is a good thing in at least one respect-we have not had a game that wasn't sold out is something like 3 decades and when was the last time you heard about a potential blackout for their home games because their weren't enough tickets sold? I honestly can't recall, unlike my neighbors to the west who run into this several times in the last decade. I think it would also take quite a while for the expense of upkeep to surpass the exorbitant cost of the new stadiums. On top of all this, why would we want to give up our frozen tundra? Its our major advantage in most cases, and I'm sure a new stadium would be indoor. What fun is that???
0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Not really sure TB, we try and get up there once a year for a game, for as old as the stadium is and the weather that it has gone through it is still in decent shape, or course I'm a older fan, it doesn't take much to impress me.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:29 pm

haase wrote:Not really sure TB, we try and get up there once a year for a game, for as old as the stadium is and the weather that it has gone through it is still in decent shape, or course I'm a older fan, it doesn't take much to impress me.

I was there for the first time in December. Other than lots of walking (the norm for pretty much any venue), I was pretty impressed. It seems the place is mostly focused on history and love of the team, not the newest, greatest tech or whatever they can afford. :2cents:
0 x

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Boot jack, not sure were at in NW Wisconsin, but we go up to Spooner WI twice a year and stay on Big Mckenzie, have a lot of fun fishing, and enjoy the area, have been going up there along time.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Spooner is about 1 hour north east of us. You will have to let me know the next time you are in our neck of the woods!
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:02 pm

haase wrote:Boot jack, not sure were at in NW Wisconsin, but we go up to Spooner WI twice a year and stay on Big Mckenzie, have a lot of fun fishing, and enjoy the area, have been going up there along time.

Been there many times. Have family in Hayward that have a candy shop and homesteaded there in the 1800's. I use to fish the Chippewa Flowage every fall for muskies in the morning, and grouse hunt every afternoon.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:50 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
haase wrote:Boot jack, not sure were at in NW Wisconsin, but we go up to Spooner WI twice a year and stay on Big Mckenzie, have a lot of fun fishing, and enjoy the area, have been going up there along time.

Been there many times. Have family in Hayward that have a candy shop and homesteaded there in the 1800's. I use to fish the Chippewa Flowage every fall for muskies in the morning, and grouse hunt every afternoon.

Small world!
0 x

haase
Rancher
Rancher

Postby haase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 pm

True Grit, one thing on my list and never have been up there at the right time is go to the Lumberjack world championship, they use to televise it, haven't fished the flowage in a long time, use to be great fishing, Bootjack, we will be up there in May.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:29 pm

We are having our open house the first saturday in May. Hopefully it times out right and you can stop by!
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
I think it will be a sad day if they ever decide to replace the stadium. Having said that, I don't think that time is coming any time soon. Demand vs availability is a good thing in at least one respect-we have not had a game that wasn't sold out is something like 3 decades and when was the last time you heard about a potential blackout for their home games because their weren't enough tickets sold? I honestly can't recall, unlike my neighbors to the west who run into this several times in the last decade. I think it would also take quite a while for the expense of upkeep to surpass the exorbitant cost of the new stadiums. On top of all this, why would we want to give up our frozen tundra? Its our major advantage in most cases, and I'm sure a new stadium would be indoor. What fun is that???

The time will come. Things just wear out in spite of good upkeep and repair. Don't want to wait for a disaster to happen. Not to mention the number of people who are standing in line for tickets. The Cowboys averaged over 90,000 per game last year....GB could destroy that if they just had the seating not to mention other amenities .....all bring in revenue.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”