Sweet Sixteen

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Re: Sweet Sixteen

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:59 pm

kenny thomas wrote:Seeing that I haven't shot a shotgun in maybe 10 years I guess I don't need the good ones. But sure looks nice if I can find a used one at 1/2 price.
The cheapest Winchester 21 16ga on gunbroker right now is $7,999.00 and it's used.

You might take a look for some used Berettas. They are pretty nice guns, I was tempted to buy a used 12ga Beretta Silver Pigeon, but I needed a quail gun.
0 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 pm

kenny thomas wrote:Dumb question but I don't know so here goes, did anyone ever make a 16ga over under?

There easier to find than a SXS the
only ones I know in current production is Stoger and CZ
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:33 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Dumb question but I don't know so here goes, did anyone ever make a 16ga over under?

There easier to find than a SXS the
only ones I know in current production is Stoger and CZ

Oh i have side by side in 16 in both a Savage 311 and a Winchester 24. Just the,21 still is,on my list.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:47 am

Kenny I liked the Savage I haven't seen
a 24 in a long time were not a lot made. My running buddy taunts me with his 97 in 16 its in very good shape.
I will be glad and pray I get cleared to shoot mine again.
Dr won't let me shoot anything with over 10 pounds recoil that has relegated me to my 28. That is one of the reasons I was interested in the new A5.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:18 am

Took me a long time to find a 97 16 in good condition. Never shot it either.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm glad to see them bring it back. The sweet 16 is the best shotgun ever.
I have a few of the Belgium ones though. I prol won't buy a new one but if they would offer it in a parkerized finished with synanthic stock I might have to have one for duck hunting with steel shot in the woods. Course I don't duck hunt anymore but can't ever be to prepared.
0 x

rla442
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rla442 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 pm

I don't know about new production but I own a couple O/U doubles. One being a Browning Citori Lightning Model in 16 ga, one being a Savage O/U 16ga and the other being a old H&R O/U 16ga. A 16ga side by side is a lot more common than any over/under. Good luck if your looking for an over/under in 16ga.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm

rla442 wrote:

I don't know about new production but I own a couple O/U doubles. One being a Browning Citori Lightning Model in 16 ga, one being a Savage O/U 16ga and the other being a old H&R O/U 16ga. A 16ga side by side is a lot more common than any over/under. Good luck if your looking for an over/under in 16ga.

Other than Browning.
I think CZ makes one and Stoger used to. Tristar still makes a over and under it's a gun out of Turkey
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:42 pm

CZ discontinued 16 ga in 2015, still some laying around in a dark corner of a Bass Pro Shop I bet. :lol:
With further investigation it appears Stoeger has also.
TriStar has one for $640.00, but has an Aluminum receiver, as long as your not shooting 1000's of clays, aluminums alright.

I think the 16ga would of had a better fighting chance if they would of made a magnum 3" version.
Not that they needed to, it is fine as is, but it would drawed in more of the "more shell, more better" crowd.
0 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”